The Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Disaster Response Specialist is responsible for the innovation, development, readiness, maintenance, and deployment of Samaritan’s Purse (SP) disaster response ICT equipment. Position requires frequent travel.
Description of Job duties:
- Designs innovative technology strategies while gaining additional experience with the latest technology communications options and configurations.
- Coordinates, with ICT Field Systems Manager, research, development, and testing of equipment. Trains staff on the latest innovative disaster response technologies.
- Identifies and maintains a pre-positioned inventory of all disaster response-ready ICT equipment, appropriately staged and kitted per Projects and the International DRU requirements and needs. Coordinates with necessary departments to ensure all disaster response ICT equipment and supplies are ready for immediate deployment.
- Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures and protocols for ICT equipment used in all Projects Incident Management Team (IMT) and Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) activities. Updates and improves as necessary after each After Action Review (AAR).
- Serves as the primary ICT Disaster Response Specialist on all DART deployments. Serves as technical liaison of the International DRU in the development and implementation of an annual DR Simulation, and maintains communications integrity with ICT staff.
- Researches/evaluates how other non-governmental organizations (NGOs) respond to disasters with technology, and recommends solutions based on research to ICT Field Systems Manager and International DRU Manager.
- Assists other ICT staff with field office visits and project work, including on-call support as assigned.
- Position requires ability to travel internationally and domestically on short notice for varied periods of time.
- Four-year College or university program certificate; or 3 to 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Experience in electrical componentry, computing devices, networking and communication platforms is a must.
- Technical skills include: Configure/Troubleshoot computing hardware and software. Communication devices such as phones, Satellite communication devices, and two-way radios.
- Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...