General Description / About the Opportunity
VNS is the leading MSP in the Central San Joaquin Valley, and as we enter our 20th year in business, we are looking for a Systems Engineer (SE) to provide services on-site with to our valued customers . The ideal candidate will be experienced with a combination of Microsoft, VMware, Cisco and (bonus points!) Citrix technologies. They must be experienced in dealing with Microsoft-based technologies such as Windows server, Active Directory, WSUS and Exchange Server. Experience with virtualization (VMware, HyperV, Xen) is a plus, as is experience with Cisco routing, switching and voice or WLAN.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, professional, and have excellent customer communications skills. The standard at VNS is not to just meet customer expectations, but to exceed them.
For full details, see: http://www.vns.net/about/careers/open_positions/SE
This position offers a competitive salary (avg. 50-75K, DOE and certs), plus a compensation increase structure that is tied to the employee’s ability to attain & maintain technical certifications, and their job performance. Our benefits package includes: healthcare, matching 401K plan, vacation pay, sick pay, and paid holidays.
VNS is a performance-oriented environment, and we only want the best, but we also like to have phun (that's Latin!). This is a place where those who work hard and demonstrate excellence and professionalism excel, and are appreciated and rewarded. We have an outstanding team of professionals, and we work hard to insure that we only hire like-minded people who share our commitment to excellence. We do potlucks, celebrate birthdays, and go out as a team to do things personally whenever we can. Many of the employees also do things together when they aren't working. We are very proud of our team!
- Less bureaucracy . VNS is a small (26-person) company and we have tried to take the best things from corporate America (consistency, predictability, efficiency), while leaving the less desirable stuff (process for the sake of process that nobody understands, dumb ideas that everyone agrees are dumb) behind.
- Diverse, challenging and never boring . Being smaller means our people get to experience a lot of variety and don’t get pigeon-holed. We’re looking for innovative and energetic people who love technology!
- Flexible and personal . VNS has a family-friendly environment where we do everything possible to support our people to enjoy a healthy work/life balance. People are not just numbers to us and the proof is in the results. In 2008, in the darkest days of the recession, when many companies were laying people off, VNS never laid off a single employee.
- Opportunities : VNS is a place where people can make a difference, and high-performers have as much opportunity to advance and grow with the company as they choose to pursue.
- Stability : VNS is 20 years old as of 2016 and has never missed a payroll or laid people off due to financial problems.
We work standard business hours, M-F, 8-5. We will occasionally work an after-hours or weekend project (and provide O/T or comp time to offset that), but that is the exception, not the rule. The majority of time, we work standard hours. Because we use a proactive approach to everything we do, this is unlike the typical IT admin’s existence, where they are perpetually on call, working odd hours.
Our focus is regional (see www.vns.net/geo for an overview of our service geo) and we rarely have a need for travel, so you will be home each night.
- Company sponsored healthcare plan (currently Kaiser Permanente) with percentage of paid premium for employee, and company contribution to individual’s H.S.A account. Eligible dependents can also obtain coverage at a cost to the employee. Voluntary Dental/Vision options are available.
- 401K retirement plan with up to 4% deferral matching profit sharing on contributions for all full-time employees
- Six paid holidays annually
- One week of paid vacation annually, two weeks after second year
- Company-issued laptop and case
- Option to have company-issued mobile or company will pay monthly allowance to use your own phone for company business
- Reimbursement of all mileage and travel costs
- Access to training resources and materials
- Computer hardware and software purchases at our cost
Pre-Requisites and Minimum Requirements:
- 2+ years of hands-on industry experience in IT services (preferred working for MSP and/or VAR), providing network management, consulting and project management services
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, however candidates that possess an AS Degree in Network Administration or Business, combined with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Certs - required: MCSE or MCITP + CCNA or CCDA preferred.
- Additional certs desired: VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA/CCDA/CCNP, Citrix CCEA/CCEE/CCIA, HP ASE/AIS, ITIL
- Hands-on experience with: Windows Active Directory, Exchange Server, VMware ESX server, HP or Dell servers, Cisco routing and switching, firewalls and UTM, NAS/SAN technology, SNMP and WMI
- Reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Must be local to Fresno/Clovis, CA or willing to relocate at own expense
- Former US military personnel are of particular interest and encouraged to apply, if you meet all minimum requirements
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting a current resume with cover letter to VNS Employment.
Applicants must be authorized to legally work in the United States. VNS and this position are located in Fresno, CA, so applicants are expected to be available for interview, speak clear English, and be familiar with the cost of living differences in this region if you are coming from a larger metro.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
IT Helpdesk TechnicianChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20
Web DeveloperTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 14
Software DeveloperChristian Aid Mission
- Charlottesville, Virginia
- September 8
VP of Information TechnologiesSeed Company
- Arlington, Texas
- August 30
Valley Network Solutions
Valley Network Solutions (VNS™), of Fresno/Clovis, CA designs, builds, sells and supports business networks. We make technology simple, so that you can focus on your business, by providing managed services, professional computer network consulting, integration, design, service, warranty and post-warranty repair and support services. VNS™ is a valley-owned business, that is totally focused on the needs of our customers in the Central San Joaquin Valley. More...