William Jessup University is a private Christian university located in Rocklin, California. Our mission statement is "in partnership with the Church, the purpose of William Jessup University is to educate transformational leaders for the glory of God."
Application instructions are at: http://www.jessup.edu/employment/job/budget-analyst/
Major Purpose of the position:
Provide primary institutional support during budget process deliberations and throughout creation of the annual and three-year budget models, including creating and maintaining the module in the budget software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the creation of the annual and three-year budget models, including creating and maintaining the module in the budget software (Adaptive Insights)
2. Prepare monthly budget to actual comparison and analysis as well as develop models to project various year-end revenues and expenses
a. Monitor budget to actual activity at the University and department levels; analyze past income and expenditure patterns
b. Develop future projection models, and provide recommendations related to fiscal planning; and ensures management is aware of significant operating variances
c. Assist in the creation of Profitability models relating to Higher Education
3. Upload GL actual in the budget software; perform variance analysis on a pre-close basis; make adjustments of the forecast; perform variance analysis on a post-close basis using the budget software report and note process; update forecast sheets including Personnel, Capital Expenditure, Consultant, Travel, Enrollment, etc; make budget transfer/changes in the budget; maintain users; train users in various functions of the budget software
4. Serve as the primary administrator of Adaptive Insight and interaction with Accounting software
a. Attend conferences and stay current on technology related to primary budgeting software (Adaptive Insights) and recommend auxiliary products and resources
b. Work closely with the Business Office and Office of the CFO to perform special projects and historical budget research
Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years of budget management and monitoring at a corporate/consolidated level (or related experience)
- Proficient with technology related to budget and accounting software (preferably Microsoft Dynamics and Adaptive Insights)
- Thorough knowledge of Financial Statements (preferably nonprofit or governmental)
- Knowledge of budget and forecasting models, preferably for Higher Education
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to interact with Executive Management and Department heads
The employee agrees to promote the values and mission of WJU as a private Christ-centered University and live a life consistent with biblical principles.
Application instructions are listed above the 'Major Purpose' section of the position description. To be considered for the position all requested documents need to be submitted as instructed on the William Jessup University website: www.jessup.edu/employment
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Accounting ManagerFirst Baptist Church Atlanta
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 3
- Winchester, Virginia
- August 9
William Jessup University
William Jessup University offers a quality Liberal Arts education, founded on the integration of faith and academia, which enables our student to become transformational leaders in their homes, churches, and communities. More...