Grace Home Ministries is currently looking for a individuals to add to their House Staff team within their Mother/Baby/Maternity home, The Grace Home, which serves teen moms (ages 13-20) and their children.
House Staff are responsible for the guidance and supervision of the residents in The Grace Home. They provide leadership and spiritual guidance to each of the residents according to their needs. They must be called of God, committed to serve, willing to work to create a Godly Christian home atmosphere while also helping to maintain state standards. They must realize that many young women may come from dysfunctional families, and may have problems, deep hurts, and lack of respect for authority. The House Staff must have a vision and passion for the residents and overall vision of the home. The House Staff are accountable to the Program Director.
- Committed Christian and active in a local church.
- Full agreement with GHM Statement of Faith and Christian Values Statement.
- Be a female, 24 years of age or older; OR a married couple of at least 24 years of age and married for a minimum of 3 years without any children under 3 years of age (if House Staff are parents of children still in the home, they shall demonstrate a parenting style that involves high acceptance, consistency, and appropriate discipline).
- Candidates for this position must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in human services;
- OR an associate’s degree and three months experience working with children;
- OR a high school graduate or have a General Education Development Certificate (G.E.D.) and have six months of experience working with children.
- Have a valid Driver’s License, a clean Driving Record (motor vehicle records must be submitted), at least two years driving experience.
- Shall not be the perpetrator in a substantiated report of neglect or abuse.
- Evidence of a commitment to the sanctity of human life and a heart for pro-life housing ministries. In their attitudes concerning teenage pregnancy, the House Parents should have a neutral stance on adoption vs. parenting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Provide spiritual leadership to residents by holding daily devotions.
- Oversee physical care including helping residents meet appointments and other responsibilities. Know where each resident is when the resident is outside the home & provide basic first aid.
- Shall have responsibility in managing and supervising day-to-day activities of the home and care of residents according to weekly schedule.
- Assist each resident in developing her gifts and talents by recognizing such gifts and lending encouragement and praise.
- Encourage a wholesome, constructive attitude toward school assisting with studies as needed.
- When applicable, maintain necessary contact with teachers, seek tutorial help as needed, and attend school functions under the guidance of the Program Director.
- Maintain as nearly as possible a Christian environment that is joyful, relaxing, and peaceful.
- Maintain an attitude that promotes availability to the residents.
- Management of resident behavior by enforcing facility guidelines and discipline to aide in developing acceptable habits and attitudes.
- Use good judgment in recognizing sickness and problems associated with pregnancy, labor, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and development trainings.
- Be willing to assist women through labor and delivery.
- Able to communicate (both verbally and in writing) areas of concern, medical emergencies, and routine treatment and care in a prompt manner to the Program Director.
- Meet with management staff weekly to review each resident’s status, progress, family situation, relationship with birthfather, and plans for her child while helping to meet the goals and objectives of the individual’s service plan.
- Prepare and supervise preparation of well-balanced meals. Keep log of meals served.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
County DirectorChild Evangelism Fellowship Tioga CO. of PA
- Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
- October 10
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
House ParentProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 27