Responsible for all aspects of raising support from foundations, corporations, and government sources requiring proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects.
- Produce extensive foundation profiles; target appropriate ask amounts; prioritize and evaluate prospects for corporate, foundation, and government grants.
- Develop and prioritize projects and proposals: meet and work with staff to elicit projects and programs that need support
- Develop and foster relationships with institutional funders: find personal connections with staff, board, trustees, volunteers, donors that will ensure the attention of institutional funders.
- Make appointments for President, VP Development, and others with potential funders.
- Provide stewardship for existing foundation donors.
- Generate proposals for: unique projects and programs; unique institutional and individual funders.
- Write or supervise writing of all proposals, budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials.
- Manage existing grants by: tracking grants; developing internal reporting systems; writing reports; maintaining excellent historical records; working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations.
- Monitor and manage grants income goal.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Proven track record with institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs and Blackbaud Raisers Edge 7 database.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Experience with budget development and monitoring.
- Experience in program development.
- Minimum of five years experience with grant writing and management.
- Proven track record on raising money from foundations
- Program development experience preferred.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
As a religious and educational corporation, the institution does not unlawfully discriminate in its educational and employment policies against any person on the basis of sex, race, color, age, disability, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Manager of Digital GivingAmerican Bible Society
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
The King's College
We educate young leaders to seamlessly integrate their faith, ethics, and morality into their lives and careers. Students are immersed in challenging academic and spiritual study that demands thinking, communicating, and problem-solving with the mind, heart, and soul. We require engagement with complex ideas to guide the strategic institutions of society — government, commerce, law, media, civil society, education, the arts, and the Church. We participate in a demanding curriculum and present unique opportunities to students More...