We are looking for a highly motivated Database Developer with an emphasis in FileMaker 11-15. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, is teachable, can learn new tasks quickly, and has a background in FileMaker database development. Although we are
a 30-year-old company, we have grown considerably since 2008. We are in need of a capable database developer to help us continue that success.
High Point is an industry leading, ministry-minded travel resource for churches, missions agencies, Christian schools and para-church organizations. Our goal is to help ministries and churches with logistical aspects of trip planning, save them time and
money in the process, and allow them to spend more time making Christ famous.
High Point is a growing company with a great family atmosphere. We are looking for someone who will not only fill a functional job description, but also become a key member of our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main focus of the Database Developer is to provide assistance regarding all aspects of database development. The Developer works in conjunction with our team to develop our proprietary applications to enable our staff to work more efficiently
and to engage with our clients more effectively.
- Provide input on database development planning
- Work with team members and leadership to pursue database development priorities
- Design, test, and implement new and/or improved database functionality
- Develop Web Direct and/or Custom Web Publishing interfaces for Filemaker
- At least one year in a role that included database development
- Proficiency in FileMaker 11-15 strongly preferred
- Experience with responsive web design is a plus
- Understanding of relational databases
- High multitasking skills
- Proficiency on a Mac Computer
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
- Good organization and time management
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks well
- Willingness to take ownership and lead the process from beginning to end.
- High attention to detail
- High integrity
- Strong work ethic
- A heart to serve others
- Desire to learn and grow with our company
- Ability to work within our team.
- Willingness to take initiative
- This job is not for a certified FileMaker developer. We are looking for someone who can grow with us. Some experience in database development is required.
- A company laptop is given to all employees.
- Travel discounts and perks
- Generous time off policy.
- Great working environment.
- Very balanced and family centered office.
**If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com with “Developer” in the subject line.