SCOPE: Perform functions to manage and supervise the corporate accounting functions, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial policies, controls, records and periodic statements that represent the financial health of the organization,
guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
- Manage the accounting functions and team activities. Monitor activities and provide guidance to ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and standards. Prepare, manage and/or audit reports and entries related to accounting operations.
- Recommend and implement financial policies and procedures covering all areas of financial operations to ensure that policies are in compliance with GAAP, ECFA, federal and state regulations, based on broad guidelines provided by the Chief Financial Officer
and Board of Directors.
- Develop appropriate systems of internal controls and ensure compliance with internal controls across the organization.
- Manage the general ledger closing procedures. Prepare or supervise period ending general ledger adjustments and ensure timely closing.
- Research and interpret data to answer advanced level inquiries regarding business accounting and finance issues.
- Identify talent with the potential to serve OM in any capacity and especially in roles within area of responsibility, and encourage application through prescribed selection processes. Interview, select, recommend hire, train and assign subordinate staff.
Provide direction and mentoring, develop and communicate performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of staff, both as a department and individually. Evaluate performance and provide counseling, cross training and coaching to employees. Maintain harmonious
employee/employer/Partner relations. Develop and implement staffing plans and related budgets.
- Develop or assist with the development of departmental operating budget for area of responsibility. Manage assigned responsibilities in keeping with budget plan, monitor expenditures against plan, and review, investigate, and report on variances. Contribute
to the development of capital improvement budgets and justifications as required.
- Provide financial guidance to other OM field offices and related partner organizations.
- Research and recommend innovative solutions for growing needs for the organization.
- Recommend improved efficiency and effectiveness solutions to meet the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Act as system owner for new software projects and implementations and assess projects for return on investment.
- Manage the yearly audit. Prepare schedules and required information. Act as point person for auditors during on-site audit. Provide all requested information before and after on-site visit. Review preliminary reports for accuracy. Distribute final reports.
- Support CFO in preparation for Audit Committee meetings and present financial position and other topics as required
- Manage risk management function by assessing business and financial risk, recommending policies and procedures to mitigate risk, and manage relationship with insurance providers to insure appropriate risk coverage for nonemployee benefit insurance such
as property, liability, D&O, etc.
- Participate in CFO leadership team to develop strategic plan for Global Support function.