Job Title: Graphic Designer
Area/Location: San Jose, California
Reports To: VP, Marketing & Communication
Subordinates: Interns & Contractors
Submitted for Approval: 6.13.16
Job Description Approved: 6.13.16
The Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet marketing strategies for Cityteam from concept to completion. The Graphic Designer is responsible for coordination and administration of individual design projects which may include scheduling, working within budgets, procurement, and acting as liaison between the internal client and the design team. Areas of work may include branding, graphics, communications, and copywriting and editing. The ideal candidate is able to seamlessly shift gears between whiteboard, sketchbook, and Adobe CS. The Graphic Designer can manage multiple files at once, performing tasks with speed and accuracy and with a great attitude. The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of graphic design experience and has an art portfolio of invitations, brochures, and other marketing material. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Establish project deadlines and monitor completion to ensure that copy, art, selection of data, and other project elements proceed with proper approvals and authorization.
- Ensure communication process between Cityteam and production vendors is sufficient so that all projects are received on time, proceed in a timely manner, and that project components are completed appropriately.
- Coordinate the process for special production materials, including special events, mailings, donor campaigns, and media events.
- Provide creative services for various City Directors and Program Managers, maintaining the brand integrity of Cityteam.
- Develop marketing material in a timely manner in order that the project achieves its purpose of education and fundraising. Design brochures, invitations, newsletters, holiday promotions, social media graphics, and campaigns.
- Develop procedures and be responsible for overseeing expenditures for all marketing print design projects, work within each project’s budget, and monitor each project’s performance.
- Complete staff performance evaluations in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
Personal Donor Cultivation
- Develop, implement, and maintain a personal donor cultivation and missionary support program in accordance with a plan established annually in cooperation with the Vice President of Marketing and Communication.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local body of believers.
- Must have a compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the Body of Christ.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in graphic design and be prepared to show art portfolio of printed brochures, newsletters, invitations, and other marketing material.
- Must have expert experience with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) in an Apple environment. This includes experience with illustration, typography, photo editing, layout design, print specifications, web graphics, specifications, and basic retouching.
- Must have creative writing skills for marketing materials.
- Must be able to respond quickly to proof modifications and new project requests, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely responses to deadlines.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must exhibit integrity in professional and personal life in accordance with Cityteam’s Employee Handbook and be straightforward and not self-serving.
- Must have proven organizational skills, be detail-oriented, and committed to accurate record keeping, procedures, and documentation.
- Must be flexible and multi-tasked oriented, able to work on a variety of projects, set priorities, and work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must be able to meet short and long-term deadlines.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must have the ability to interface with a variety of staffing levels (general to executive) as well as represent Cityteam in high exposure areas.
- Must have demonstrated in previous relationships the ability to relate to people from various cultures and socio-economic environments.
- Must have proven interpersonal skills and the ability to resolve conflict in a positive, Christ-like manner.
- Must have experience effectively and efficiently managing people and projects.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Advertising Sales Consultant-Omaha, NESalem Media Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- October 18
Sales ProfessionalServiceMaster Performance
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- October 12
Design AssistantSalem Church Products
- Richmond, Virginia
- October 5
Account Executive-Nashville, TNSalem Media Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- September 29
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...