Be a part of a Church where it's OK not to be OK! Our mission is to reach, teach and help in Jesus' name. We are seeking a Recreation Director/Pastor who will lead one of our biggest front door ministries. This position will have the opportunity
to speak into people who have never heard the gospel. He or she will speak into kids, students and adults all through sports! CBC is looking for a high energy, evangelist whose purpose is to reach the unchurched through support, scripture and service.
Purpose Statement/Summary: Plan, organize, administer and run the various sporting activities and events offered by the SportsLife Ministry for children, students and adults. Evangelize to all Sportslife participants, volunteers and visitors.
- Plan and organize Upwards children program.
- Plan and organize adult and student leagues for various sports.
- Oversee and administer all sports-related activities and leagues.
- Develop and supervise free-market SportsLife groups.
- Prepare specialized training materials and guidelines as necessary for team captains and leaders with the goal of evangelism and/or intentional discipleship.
- Evangelize to participants and guests at various sports events
- Provide environments for kids, students, parents, and adults to experience a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Administering all aspects of SportsLife programming including the details that make the program successful
- Planning, staffing, and delegating as the need arises
- Recruit, train and disciple leaders and all volunteers.
- Ensure support, scripture and service are engrained into each group.
- Develop relationships with parents of involved children to provide guidance in the whole family system as needed
- Visit with, pray and support participants within sports groups
- Hospital visitation and Pastor on call duties
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Preaching/Speaking Experience (preferred)
- Ministry experience in related ministry (preferred)
- Experienced leadership skills in order to effectively direct staff & volunteers
- Knowledge of the best ways to minister to Students and their families
- Experience in CBC LifeGroups as either leader or participant is a plus
- Attend worship regularly and special services/events as appropriate
- Maintain personal accountability and relationships with staff members
- Exhibits strong Christian character that demonstrates a close relationship with God through personal devotional, worship and prayer life
- Maintain daily disciplines of Bible study, prayer and preparation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Preaching, People Person, Energetic, Highly Motivated, Manager, Recruiter, Leader
- Evangelistic mindset
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong people skills
- Has professional manner and high energy level, exhibits a positive attitude
- Team-work ethic
- Accepts new ideas and challenges
- Excellent Leadership Ability
- Strong Organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge in computer technology and the Internet(MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher,
- CBC Member, genuine desire to serve God and the Church.
- Must be a professed mature Christian.
- Who You Are Graduate or willing to complete training.
- Background Check, Personality Profile, Drug Testing.
- Physical Requirements: Sitting, keyboarding, visual w/monitor, walking, bending, stooping, lifting 10-50 lbs, occasional events/activities outdoors in the heat, occasional events/activities requiring prolonged standing, driving.