Salem Media Group is looking for a full-time local salesperson/account executive for our newest radio station in St. Louis, MO, 1260am The Answer (WSDZ-AM). This person will be expected to meet and exceed personal sales quotas while providing exceptional
client service. This person will report directly to the Local Sales Manager.
- Meet and exceed personal sales quotas.
- Find, develop, sell, and service new local spot and program accounts.
- Create multi-media advertising solutions for our advertisers incorporating spot, web, streaming, print, and other digital media.
- Maintain impeccable standards for advertiser service.
- Collect amounts due from advertisers in conjunction with the business department.
- Insure that all advertisers are credit approved or cash in advance.
- Monitor direct response campaigns to ensure goals are being met in a timely fashion.
- Provide timely accurate projections/forecast reports.
- Prepare accurate and timely expense reports.
- Maintain sales expenses at or below budget.
- Monitor broadcast agreements for accuracy.
- Develop relationships deep in the advertiser’s organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Impeccable personal integrity.
- Several years of experience in radio sales and marketing.
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding sales objectives.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Insatiable curiosity about how local business work. This curiosity leads the seller to uncover where a client’s profit is, where expenses are, the cost of doing business, the major challenges a business faces, and then the drive to help the business solve
- Disciplined and productive without requiring constant oversight to make sure the work gets done.
- Ideal candidate enjoys collaboration with co-workers and guidance from management but – in the end – owns the sales process and is disciplined and productive without requiring constant oversight from superiors.
- Proven ability to solve advertiser’s marketing problems with creativity and intelligence.
- An ongoing student of marketing principles.
- A positive and energetic style, with high integrity, strong work ethic, and ownership of outcomes.
- Ideal candidate will possess the ability to write successful ad copy.
- Proficient in computer skills (Windows/PC, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Possess the ability to work in what will initially be a streamlined operation.
About Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values.
Salem owns and operates 116 radio stations, with 71 stations in the nation’s top 25 top markets – and 30 in the top 10. Each of our radio properties has a full portfolio of broadcast and digital marketing opportunities.
In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading
Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publishing, a leading publisher of Christian themed magazines.