To serve the church by providing administrative support to the Amigos Tu Iglesia ministries.
Candidate must be bilingual and bicultural, fluent in Spanish and English
Some of the primary duties include:
- Receive and screen incoming calls, taking clear messages.
- Type teaching material, correspondence, articles and maintain up-to-date and well-organized files.
- Sort and open mail. Prepare responses to correspondence.
- Schedule appointments and speaking engagements for the staff of Amigos Tu Iglesia.
- Coordinate the administrative functions of the Amigos Tu Iglesia team.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for meetings.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents.
- Set up and oversee administrative policies and procedures for the Amigos Tu Iglesia office.
- Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, etc.
- Develop and distribute informational materials for Amigos Ministry programs.
- Communicate accurate and comprehensive records and mailing lists of participants.
- Coordinate materials and registration for conferences, retreats, and other events.
- Compile curriculum and resource materials for events and classes.
- Coordinate materials for volunteer training classes.
- Coordinate office volunteers.
- Schedule events, meetings and studies using calendaring program.
- Work with appropriate committees and leaders in carrying out the Amigos ministries of the church.
- Attend meetings with and for the Pastor of Amigos and Operations Manager, upon request.
- Attend staff meetings and retreats.
- Cooperate with the Pastor of Amigos and Operations Manager by performing any other duties when assigned or requested.
Spiritual: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Friends Church, and for this particular position, active members of Amigos de Cristo.
Experience, Education and Licensure: Associate's degree, with minimum of three to four (3-4) year’s experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills
SKILLS: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite of products. Good verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills (English and Spanish). Effective time management, organizational, leadership and multi-tasking skills. Must be confidential, flexible, accurate and have good follow-up skills.
ABILITY: Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral information (English and Spanish). Ability to order information and exhibit both deductive and inductive reasoning skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Dana Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Executive Assistant to the CEOChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20
Executive Admin PositionAdobe Oil & Gas
- Arlington, Texas
- September 20