AFRICA RENEWAL MINISTRIES
Preparing Leaders that will transform Society
Africa Renewal Ministries (ARM) is developing strong Christian leaders in Uganda. We train & educate children who will transform their families, communities, and country. ARM-USA coordinates over 5,000 child sponsor relationships with Americans. We provide
a way for the public to participate in ARM with assurance of biblical integrity, stewardship, transparency, and effective communication.
A typical day for the Sponsorship Associate includes:
- Communicating with donors, sponsors, team members, church partners, volunteers, and Ugandan staff. Telling the story of ARM. Did we say, “Communicating”?
- Answering phone calls and keeping good records.
- Talking with our Ugandan staff about sponsor questions & issues.
- Responding to lots of emails.
- Setting up new donor & sponsor accounts and pledges.
- Sending introductory information & child profiles to sponsors.
- Adding new children to our database.
- Contacting sponsors whose children have finished the ARM program.
- Working on Annual Updates, Christmas mailings, and other projects.
- Distributing children’s letters to sponsors.
This job might be for you if:
- You want to live out your Christian faith by serving a ministry in Africa. You will make a difference by doing what you do with excellence.
- You take ownership of your job. When you see something that needs to be done you do it, even if no one asked. You thrive in a busy environment. You always pay attention to the details. You enjoy challenges and provide creative solutions to problems.
- Learning is a way of life. You always want to improve yourself and the processes & services we provide. Change is a good thing and it doesn’t scare you! In fact, you want to be part of it!
- You communicate clearly. You listen. You write well. You speak eloquently. You like to explain things and are comfortable communicating in various ways.
- You see sponsor issues as opportunities to help people, not as problems. You are willing to work some evenings to better meet our sponsor needs.
- You want to resolve issues, not bury them. You are willing to do what it takes when there is conflict. You respect authority. You are a positive influence on the people around you.
- You are computer literate. You can use Excel very well. You are proficient in Office Suite and Outlook, too.
- You want to grow in your faith and will enjoy prayer and devotionals with the team.
How to Apply:
Send us your resume and in your cover letter let us know why this job is right for you. Tell us what you’ve done that has prepared you to make a difference for the children in Uganda.