Push The Rock has One Passion! It’s Jesus Christ! In 1997, we believe that God placed on our hearts a call to win people to our passion, Jesus Christ, through Sport! Sports is a powerful and universal language. Every country, every culture and for all people! Each week, millions of people pass the church Sanctuary for the recreation sanctuary. We live in a leisure oriented, competitive-driven culture. Recreation is important for all aspects of life...From the infant to the Senior Saint!
The Director of Development plans, implements, and coordinates fundraising efforts and community activities that will encourage, maintain, and increase philanthropic support to meet the short and long term needs of Push The Rock. These activities shall be consistent with the mission and goals of the organization and shall reach individuals, corporations, churches, and para-church organizations in the community.
- Prepare an annual operating plan for the development activities within the community; when complete, such plan will include those goals designated by the President, the objectives and activities consistent with those goals, and a model for evaluating effectiveness, and budgetary requirements.
- In conjunction with the President and the Development Committee, design, implement, coordinate, and evaluate programs in the following areas of fund development: annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, special events, grant submissions, and other ongoing activities
- Participate in establishing the overall strategic plan for the ministry.
- Conduct thorough prospect research and identification activities for the ministry; devise and implement specific strategies to develop relationships with individual donors and community churches; cultivate these relationships to expand the ministry’s donor base
- Report, in a timely manner, the monthly and annual progress, effectiveness, and efficiency of development programs conducted by Push The Rock; identify problems in meeting objectives and recommend solutions
- Work with the VP of Finance and Administration to develop and maintain a working knowledge of computer software programs specifically designed to facilitate accurate donor and prospect information; employ a donor information system that ensures donor and prospect records and history are current, accurate, and timely
- Work with the VP of Finance and Administration to develop policies and procedures that provide for regular back-up of donor files and procedures for safeguarding donor and prospect database to ensure the protection and integrity of historical data
- Accept assignments not specifically delineated above as requested by the President
- Supervise the search, evaluation, and hiring process for development professional and support staff as may, on occasion, be authorized by the President; provide for ongoing supervision and annual performance evaluation for all development department professional and support staff
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key contacts within the community; this includes businesses, civic groups, churches, and philanthropic prospects; identify potential fundraising opportunities within these groups and recommend a course of action for entering these markets.
- Represent the ministry in civic organizations and other public forums to enhance development efforts of Push The Rock.
- Work closely with the President to develop the ministry’s public relations and marketing efforts including, but not limited to, yellow page advertisements, promotional brochures, billboard copy, radio and television exposure, and community appearances by board, staff, and volunteers
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Have a bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in a social service field, or related experience equivalent
- Have previous experience with non-profit development
- Have two years of experience in a social service profession in a position requiring management experience or equivalent
- Exhibit skill in interpersonal communication, public speaking, and problem solving
- Be able to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, and support to the volunteers and staff
- Be able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Involved in an evangelical church and is supportive of Christian ministry.
- A Christian who is committed to Push The Rock’s Vision, Mission and Core Values (see attachment).
- A Christian who agrees with Push The Rock’s Doctrinal Statement. (see attachment)
- Resourceful, imaginative, bringing creativity to the role.
- Convincing, enthusiastic, persuasive, credible.
- Motivated to serve God in a sports related ministry.
- Ability to consistently use good judgment.
Reports to the President of Push The Rock
Minimum of 45 hours per week. Overtime may be required on occasion to meet specific project deadlines.
In the Role of Director of Development, salary is set based on Push The Rock’s standard salary and benefits package. Overview can be provided on request.
Common Shared Skills and Dimensions
Christian Character – Consistent with character qualities discussed in Ephesians Chapter 4: Humble, gentle, honest, patient, compassionate, forgiving, trustworthy in word and deed, control of anger and tongue.
Discipleship & Mentoring- Able to influence actions and opinion of others in a desired direction. Also able to mentor and to develop the skills of others.
Communications - Keeps staff, campers and supporters informed through use of appropriate methods and media. Shares relevant information in a timely manner. Communicates clearly, concisely, and accurately. Listens carefully; applies relevant techniques to ensure understanding. Able to communicate pertinent information in a well organized concise manner. Excellent presentation and public speaking skills. Able to communicate effectively with peers, campers, parents, staff and others.
Problem Solving and Decision making- Ability to identify and focus on the highest priority problems or issues. Identifies appropriate solutions, and weighs the pros and cons of each solution. Acts decisively when a problem or opportunity arises. Distills complex information into the most relevant elements. Balances the needs of all interested parties. Effectively balances the need for timely decisions against the need for effective decisions. Makes or supports sound and insightful decisions even in adverse circumstances.
Customer Focus - Responds to customer needs with foresight, thoroughness, and dedication. Provides services or products that are best suited for the customer. Acts with a long-term perspective - may trade off immediate costs for the sake of a long-term relationship. Establishes productive, beneficial relationships among customers, and partners. Builds and uses a network of external relationships. Builds trust & working relationships based on consistency of actions, decisions, & words.
Teamwork - Fosters exemplary cooperation and collaboration within and between teams.
Acts to surface and resolve conflicts. Actively participates as a team member. Supports team decisions. Able to modify personal behavioral style to respond to the needs of others. Publicly acknowledges others who have performed well.
Organizing and Planning & Time Management - Plans effectively. Clarifies goals and tasks expected of self and others. Allocates and uses resources to ensure the best return on investment. Manages workflow to deliver results. Monitors and ensures quality of work. Ensures procedures are followed. Seeks to improve processes to achieve organizational results. Able to work on several concurrent projects, ensuring that time is allocated in such a manner to achieve the results on schedule. Able to break down a program into discrete tasks, delegate responsibility, monitor progress and take corrective action as necessary.
Personal Productivity - Sets well-defined and realistic goals. Perseveres to attain goals.
Demonstrates realistic awareness of own skills, abilities, and needs. Demonstrates personal drive to continuously apply lessons learned. Exhibits honesty and professional ethics in all circumstances. Brings energy to the ministry. Able to be sensitive and perceptive in understanding the feelings, needs and opinions of others.
Interpersonal skills – Able to interact well with all kinds of people and is sensitive and perceptive to the feelings, needs and opinions of others.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Executive Assistant to the CEOChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20
Executive Admin PositionAdobe Oil & Gas
- Arlington, Texas
- September 20
Push the Rock
Our Vision: To be a global leader in sports ministry, impacting the world for Jesus Christ…One life at a time! Our Mission: As a global sports ministry, we proclaim the life changing message of Jesus Christ through the pursuit of excellence in sportsmanship and athletics. Our Core Values: We Are… -Unapologetically Christian We Believe… -In the infallibility of Scripture! -That Jesus Christ is the Savior of all by grace through faith alone! -That we are to love one another as Christ loved the church! We Commit… -To honor God More...