Are you a well-rounded Accounting professional who can naturally engage with all levels of an organization? Are you ready to put your accounting & management experience to work for a mission you can believe in? Are you one who can roll up your sleeves and
get in with your team to get the work done? Do you enjoy bringing key information before the Controller, CFO and Vice President’s to provide strategic and tactical direction?
Are you intrigued? Let us introduce you to CRISTA Ministries, and the Accounting/Finance Team. The Accounting/Finance team is a group of highly professional individuals with exceptional accounting skills that aim to provide world class support and financial
leadership to an organization that loves God by serving people. Supporting the seven distinct CRISTA Ministries provides a technically challenging, fast paced environment where there are opportunities to grow professionally and spiritually while putting our
skills to work for a mission you believe in.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including: medical/dental/vision, 403b matched, vacation, holiday and sick pay. And 20% discount on our PreK-12th grade private Christian school for your children to attend.
Read on for more details:
1. Fee Based Ministry Accounting: Manage fee based ministry accounting so accurate and timely financial information is provided to the ministries and for external reporting compliance. This includes but is not limited to: Monthly close process Preparation
of accurate and timely monthly financial statements. Monthly management reports Oversee preparation of the annual 990 T tax return. Oversee calculation of monthly Media account executive commission statements. Review reconciliation of accounts related
to Fee Based Ministry Accounting
2. Ministry Support: Manage relationships with ministry management and staff to secure solutions that add value and help the organization fulfill its mission. Encourage cooperation and mutually beneficial relationships between the accounting department
and CRISTA employees. Consult on accounting and finance issues to CRISTA ministries. Participate in general management of fee based ministries through serving on leadership team(s) requested.
Assist with the preparation and development of CRISTA’s annual budget. Develop, implement and administer and/or coordinate policies and procedures necessary for effective financial operations within fee based ministries; particularly with respect to
Schools & Media A/R functions. Complete ministry research and other reporting as required. Manage relationships with third party vendors who provide bookkeeping or accounting services for the fee based ministries.
3. Accounting Department Support: Propose to the Controller improvements and modifications to the internal controls, policies and procedures, management and reporting systems of CRISTA. Provide leadership for CRISTA’s accounting and finance needs following
the highest levels of accountability, transparency and integrity. Evaluate and advise the technology used to meet the financial processing, control and reporting requirements as needed. Assist with completion and support for annual audit as directed. Provide
backup services as necessary. Assist with completion of CRISTA’s annual 990 tax return as assigned. Fulfill the role of security administrator for JPMorgan Access (online bank software).
4. Work collaboratively with customers, coworkers, staff and customers.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise two Senior Accountants, one Accountant II and one Accounting Associate as assigned with the authority to hire, develop and maintain appropriate short term and long term objectives, strategies, standards, work flow
evaluate and manage performance and recommend termination. Provide training to new and existing staff. Provide support in trouble-shooting situations, regarding day-to-day financial operations and training as needed.
1. Christian Commitment: Godly leader and servant leadership style that is relational and reflective of John 10; personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and spiritual maturity. 2. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college
or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. 3. Experience: Minimum 6 years of Accounting/Finance experience, including at least 3 years in a Not-for-Profit environment (or similar). Has led teams of at least 3-5
people. Has technical knowledge of accounts receivable systems/processes. Has technical knowledge of state and federal taxes. 4. Licensure/Certification: 5. Other Considerations: Must be able to work independently, efficiently and professionally with
a wide variety of personality types. Must have a strong, hands-on management experience and demonstrated ability to develop and mentor a team. Great problem solving and analytical skill to analyze information. Ability to work collaboratively with customers,
coworkers, staff and customers. 6. Software and Equipment Used: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Experience in using automated accounting and/or ERP software systems.
TO APPLY: Go to the following URL: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRISTA&cws=1&rid=1625
Thank you for your interest in this position.