Overnight Janitorial Operations Manager
At Corporate Building Services (CBS), we strive to provide dependable high-quality janitorial cleaning services to our commercial customers. The Operations Manager has the responsibility to seamlessly work with employees, customers, and our home office
in Dallas. This position requires travel one to two weeks each month. The work shift for this position is overnight to mid-morning.
- Recruit, hire, and train janitors for multiple locations for one customer in several states.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance of the cleaning crews, as well as
the customer experience/satisfaction of the job.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Accountability for enforcing proper time-keeping and payroll procedures.
- Strategic planning and maintaining proper employee staffing levels; reward and discipline employees; and resolve problems.
- Mentor, train and develop employees for their job and for career advancements.
- Ability to develop and share best practices across the various customer locations.
- Maintain supply levels and budgets for each location.
Additional Job Elements:
- The ability to jump in and do the physical work of any janitor if necessary depending on staffing levels.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Must be able to stand/walk for 8-10 hours.
- Use of cleaning equipment and chemicals as necessary.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English both verbally and written.
- Direct management experience of large crews of janitors.
- Must be available to work on weekends.
- Must have knowledge of cleaning kitchen equipment and marble polishing.
- Must have moderate familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word, and can learn how to use CBS’s internet-based on-line payroll management software.