The leader of sales and marketing is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally and/or through
partners. The incument will be expected to provide strong leadership and direction with respect to these sales/marketing-related programs and activities.
- Sells products by implementing national sales plans; supervising the retail sales teams.
- Maintaining sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Represents the company at community events, industry boards and industry meetings.
- Advises Executive Vice President on strategic business development opportunities and key corporate planning issues that relate to and impact the sales of the company.
- Ensures that, as the Company grows, sales/marketing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness.
- Drives negotiations with vendors and customers.
- Develops and manages budgeting and budget execution with a focus on sales, profitability and margins.
- Regularly meets with customers to discuss consumer expectations.
- Sets performance goals for each retail sales team member.
- Develops operational sales goals that are aggressive, yet obtainable, and tied to long-term goals of the company.
- Travels approximately 25% - 30% of the time
- 10 to 15 years of sales and marketing experience in consumer packaged goods. MBA is a plus.
- Established relationships with a full range of contacts in grocery, packaging and familiarity with their capabilities, pricing strategies, and negotiation tactics.
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Large- and small-company experience, ideally in leading sales in a rapid-growth environment.
- Exceptional business leadership experience.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills to support cost management and sales enhancement opportunities.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of food safety, GMP’s, HAACP.
- Strong analytical thinking with demonstrated results orientation.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Insurability: Driving (Frequent travel).
- Experience in developing a sustaining and robust sales force.
- Experience in preparing long-range planning models for sales.
- Experience in managing, motivating, rewarding and recognizing the performance of others.
- Experience managing an in-store merchandising organization.
- Experience in Broker management.