Founded in 1976, Kairos Prison Ministry International, Inc. is a Christian faith based ministry which addresses the spiritual needs of incarcerated men, women, youth and their families. By sharing the love, hope and truth of Jesus Christ, Kairos hopes to change hearts, transform lives and impact the world. Kairos is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation chartered in the State of Florida.
The Mission of Kairos Prison Ministry is to share the transforming love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ to impact the hearts and lives of incarcerated men, women and youth, as well as their families, to become loving and productive citizens of their communities.
The COO/Operations Director, reporting to the CEO, will serve as an integral leader enabling the daily operations of the ministry. The daily operations will be done in conjunction with the strategic direction of the ministry and this position will align procedures and accountability of the operations. To carry out their daily operational responsibilities, the Operations Director has the responsibility to manage the office, building, Human Resources, legal, financial, and other areas as designated by the CEO. This position will require direct oversight and supervision of direct reports and regular coordination with the CEO. The person is accountable for Christian leadership in line with the core documents and policies of the ministry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead specific administrative and finance staff positions in alignment with policies and direction. Coordinate and manage office needs and improve/establish standard operation procedures, internal controls, and implementation of provided policies. Manage operational cost structure of the office and building daily.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the CEO, partnering with and enabling the CEO to better address the strategic direction and growth of the ministry.
- Prepare financial analysis using the prepared financials of the Controller to review areas of improvement and opportunity.
- Continue the environment of teamwork, accountability, and professionalism within the office team and with persons outside the office.
- Manage the Human Resources needs of the ministry including benefits, evaluations of direct reports, hiring, training, retention, and regulatory oversight.
- Ensuring financial and operational effectiveness and alignment of all policies and operations.
- Manage third party partners associated with Kairos for Human Resources, legal, financial, or other components as deemed appropriate.
- Manage database operations as it is defined over time and handle the reports and use of information for the ministry. This includes preparing analysis of the ministry operations for ways to improve and reporting needs in all disciplines. These systems include, but are not limited to, Kairos internal systems for tracking information, donations, ministry results, other informational/financial sources.
- Identify and work with legal representation as needed for trademarks, copyrights, and other items as pertinent. Manage contracts and documents including drafting as needed for the CEO.
- Coordinate external relations with other entities on behalf of the CEO as needed to enable the CEO and/or Program Coordinators to be out in the field sharing about the ministry. Establish speaking engagement opportunities for the CEO as deemed appropriate.
- Ensure the maintenance of official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Handle building management of owned property as necessary.
- Manage and coordinate the facility and ministry insurance needs and coverage annually.
- Manage supply and sourcing of program materials and printing of materials along with inventory/supply management.
- Support the CEO in working to establish growth opportunities and operational structure for the Kairos Prison Ministry Foundation and Kairos international establishment of ministry.
- Other functions as deemed necessary to serve the needs of the ministry.
- General management with thorough understanding of finance, systems, and Human Resources, board experience with full range of business/ministry functions and systems, with the ability to learn new approaches and systems.
- Ethics and Integrity: The person can be depended on to report to work and operate in an ethical manner with high integrity standards based on biblical principles and consistent with Kairos core documents.
- Ability to evaluate situations and define solutions: This includes verbal and in written form with operational focus along with understanding implications of decisions on the ministry for the short and long term. Ability to conduct the work personally or to lead a staff member to do the work.
- Teamwork to allow for excellent communication and transparency with leader of the ministry and a positive working relationship and collaboration to enable the ministry to be strong and grow. The ability to take and give directions in a positive manner that produces positive outcomes while ensuring the policies and practices of the ministry are fulfilled.
- Action oriented and capacity building person, having personal accountability to ensure high standards of results and productivity are met.
- Knowledge and ability to successfully execute and implement human resources, legal, trademark, insurance, and financial aspects of ministry or non-profit organizations. This includes the ability to find information or resources to address items we do not
have the time, knowledge or skills to handle internally.
- BS/BA in Business, Financial Management or related field. At least ten years senior level operational leadership/management experience. Non-profit and/or ministry non-profit experience preferred. MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software with ability to use all systems efficiently.
- Individual will possess strong leadership, organizing and analytical skills; strong customer-service orientation; excellent communication (written and verbal), and decision-making skills. Position requires the ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong Christian leader who has desire to work full time in ministry and serve with others. Full agreement with Kairos Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision, and other core documents. Focus on conducting self in biblical manner.
Environment and Conditions:
Office is located in a one-story office building near Orlando, Florida where staff is expected to be located. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work and travel, as well as interactions with other staff members and customers. Position requires occasional heavy lifting of boxes, up to 40 pounds. Filing in lateral and upright file cabinets is necessary. Domestic travel is required. International travel may be needed occasionally. Weekend work is required when in the ministry field.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Morning Star Church - FilmmakerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 21
Executive Assistant to the CEOChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20