Conservative Book Club Intern (Summer 2016) – Position Description
The Conservative Book Club (CBC), a division of Salem Media Group, has a Summer 2016 opening for a paid internship position. You must be willing to work 24-28hrs. per week and compensation is an hourly rate.
- Assist in the curation of the Conservative Book Club website by providing content, including but not limited to, writing timely news articles and book reviews
- Providing copy editing for website content and daily newsletter
- Grow and engage an online community of conservative news and book enthusiasts, including creating memes and lists
- Assist in the day-to-day administrative and operation functions of CBC, and its sister company, Regnery Publishing, which may include special department projects and research
- Majoring in one of the following degrees: Political science, writing, journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, history, or a related degree
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Strong writing skills (ability to write 300-500 word short articles and book reviews on a daily/weekly basis)
- Social Media, in particular growing and engaging online communities utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube (helpful if you know how to make memes and lists)
- Online research skills and article aggregation for daily/weekly newsletters
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Personable and team player
The Conservative Book Club is celebrating its 50th Anniversary and recently relaunched its digital presence. CBC is a nationwide community of conservative book enthusiasts and a trusted resource for conservative-themed book recommedations, reviews,
and bestseller rankings.
Our office is located on Capitol Hill at 300 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20001, and is conveniently located within walking distance of the Union Station metro stop (red line).
If interested in the position, please upload a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and list of three professional references when applying online.