Salem Media Group in San Antonio is looking for a well-organized, detail-oriented Business/Traffic Manager.
Duties include: Management of all aspects of the Business Department of our radio station and digital advertising media group in San Antonio, including commercial traffic scheduling, billing
and financial reporting, bookkeeping and daily accounting, and generating all required reports for corporate and local management.
The successful candidate must be exceptionally well organized, and work quickly and accurately, with a complete command of accounting and bookkeeping principles as well as the software that is used to manage all Business Department functions.
This position reports directly to the General Manager with corporate reporting responsibilities.
In addition to other duties, the Business Manager:
- Creates daily reports and daily traffic logs and accounting spreadsheets
- Maintains all local Business Department files per policy
- Creates and updates daily/weekly revenue reports and forecasts, cash flows, pacing and budgets.
- Manages all local A/R and A/P processes including weekly billing and invoice generation.
- Manages collections procedures and assists customers with billing questions
- Conducts end of month closing and reporting to corporate headquarters.
- Must possess outstanding analytical and problem solving skills and must work quickly with full command of Microsoft Business software as well as Wide Orbit Commercial Traffic/Billing software.
- Oversees the traffic department and the Traffic Coordinator. Knowledge and experience in the following areas is required:
- Entering orders into traffic system – (Wide Orbit or other broadcast scheduling software)
- Reviewing and problem-solving order entry errors and questions and producing a daily commercial log.
- Working effectively under pressure, working quickly and meeting tight deadlines
- Working with Production/Operations staff to assign programming/commercial material for broadcast use.
Prior broadcast experience is desired. This position requires excellent analytical skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills. Experience in both Word and Excel is required. Accounting and/or bookkeeping experience is essential. Knowledge
of Wide Orbit traffic and billing system or a similar broadcast software system is desired. Outstanding prioritization and problem solving skills are necessary, as this position requires that the work is produced accurately and quickly in a fast-paced
environment. Ability to meet strict deadlines amidst interruptions is an essential skill for this position.
Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.