**Interested candidates must submit a resume with a cover letter, salary history, and salary requirements to:HR@LibertyYouthRanch.org
Are you ready to fully utilize your skills and experience to help grow an organization and make a real difference in the lives of others?
MAJOR FUNCTIONS: The Director of Facilities leads Liberty Youth Ranch in overseeing the maintenance of the physical plant and the purchase and servicing of all equipment, the use of facilities, coordinates the efforts of volunteers and manages all construction projects. Overseeing the smooth operations of all buildings and property. This position will build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments within the organization to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives and funding opportunities in the community. Must submit budgets as appropriate and monitor budget progress and goals.
MINIMUM TRAINING/EXPERIENCE:Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of five years full-time related professional experience. Must have experience managing people and with maintaining a facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAs):Must be mature and possess leadership skills. Have previous nonprofit/youth related experience. Experience in generally accepted office procedures required, including filing, letter/memo formats, answering the telephone, greeting visitors, etc. Ability to motivate, encourage and instruct others. Must be able to think ahead and plan over a 5 year time span and organize and manage multiple priorities.
PREFERENCE:Preference will be given to applicants with a demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results. Regularly attends and is a member of a church. Agrees with the Liberty Youth Ranch Statement of Faith and Mission.
Due to the volume of applicant submissions, please NO phone calls or third party recruiting agency submittals or inquiries. We regret that we are unable to respond to each applicant. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will reach out to you concerning the next step in the process.
JOB DESCRIPTION FORM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reports to: President/Chief Executive Officer
Experience Level/Grade: Farming and Maintenance
Schedule: 9:00-5:30 Monday through Friday and On Call for Emergencies.
Type of position: Full-time, Exempt, Employment conditional upon a 90 day probationary period.
To lead Liberty Youth Ranch in overseeing the maintenance of the physical plant and the purchase and servicing of all equipment, the use of facilities, coordinates the efforts of volunteers and community service workers and manages all construction projects. Overseeing the smooth operations of all buildings and property.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Director of Facilities supports the President/CEO, managing construction, facility and operational aspects of the organization and assists in the aggressive and successful growth of the organization.
- Establishing and overseeing a budget for short and long term Ranch facility needs.
- Devise program guidelines and policies, oversee implementation process, and provide quality control for the facility operations.
- Primary contact responsible for facilities maintenance and repair. This will include establishing “work sets” for Ranch children incorporating Ranch/animal duties, but also grounds maintenance and upkeep.
- Establish and maintain the Safety Committee as the Chief Safety Officer. This includes safety training for children and staff, but also the development and implementation of evacuation/storm preparation, fire safety, weather related safety, Ranch vehicle safety, and terror related issues. This Director will maintain all records and documentation pertaining to maintenance and safety training.
- Onsite coordinator of all construction activity at the Ranch. This includes soliciting multiple bids when necessary and giving the primary “sign-off” for costs pertaining to all construction.
- Spiritual leader.
- Present the program at churches, clubs, and other group functions.
- Identify, define and help acquire facility resources available to the Liberty Youth Ranch.
- Represents the Liberty Youth Ranch in meeting with potential funding sources.
- Build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments within the organization to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives and funding opportunities in the community.
- Help compile an annual report at the end of the year.
- Spokesperson for the organization with the approval of the President/CEO.
- Work with the volunteers and engage Christians in the surrounding counties who possess unique gifts and talents in Ranch projects.
- Ensures that furnishings and equipment in Ranch buildings are cared for properly, repaired as needed, and replaced as necessary.
- Ensures that vehicles and tools used by the Ranch are properly maintained, repaired as needed, and replaced when necessary.
- Organizes and supervises of volunteer work parties and community service workers.
- Reply to all email correspondence and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with staff members to identify avenues of economic support for programs/projects.
- Responsible for maintaining close working relationships with community and private foundations as it seeks to increase private and public sector funding for the Liberty Youth Ranch.
- Maintain knowledge about the external environment as it relates to long term residential child care.
Qualifications and Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalency.
- Good character, health and emotional stability.
- Regularly attends local church.
- Flexible. Able to adapt to President/CEO’s changing schedule.
- Organized, efficient and able to work without always having detailed descriptions.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks that need to be done now as opposed to those that are not urgent.
- 3+ years of teaching or working with youth (preferably with youth who have special needs).
- 3+ years of experience with animal husbandry and equine programs.
- 5+ years of experience managing people or leadership skills.
- 5+ years of experience with maintaining a large public facility.
- A clean background and drug screening and satisfactory references.
- Mature Christian who is a member and actively involved with a local church.
- Strives to maintain a close daily walk with Christ.
- Passion for children and showing them their God-given potential.
- Must understand and demonstrate some knowledge of individualized education and the unique challenges of children in crisis.
- Model the “love of learning” and care of the land, in all facets of the Ranch.
- Astute manager with an entrepreneurial vision who is self-motivated and can think “outside of the box.”
- Good communicator at all levels (with children as well as professionals).
- Team player who is able to relate well to the Residential Care of Children on the Ranch.
- Excellent character, health and emotional stability.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Has a sense of humor and is flexible in their approach to life’s challenges.
**Interested candidates must submit a resume with a cover letter, salary history, and salary requirements to: HR@LibertyYouthRanch.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Environmental Services LeadCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- November 30
Maintenance Technician IICRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- November 15
Facilities ManagerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- November 2
Environmental Services ManagerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- November 2
Liberty Youth Ranch
Our Mission Statement: Provide a permanent and loving environment for children who through no fault of their own are in need of a home, a family, and the opportunity simply to be children. We base our concepts on a belief in God and the uniqueness, dignity, and inherent worth of each individual.
Our Vision Statement: Aggressively seize opportunities to be proactive and innovative, ensuring that children in Florida who are in no win situations are provided an oppo More...