VICE PRESIDENT OF NORTH AMERICAN CHURCH PLANTING
Job Title: Vice-President of North American Church Planting
Area/Location: Reports out of Corporate/Residence TBD
Reports to: President
Subordinates: Strategy Coordinator and Directors as assigned
Date Submitted for Revision: 4.20.16
Job Description Approved: 4.29.16
Classification: Executive (7.5)
- The Vice President of North American Church Planting must care for his own spiritual walk, living out the Shimah consistently. S/he must maintain a consistent practice of prayer and Bible study, must be in an accountability group which meets regularly, and must be consistent in discipling others.
- Develop strategic vision, goals and tactical plans to catalyze Disciple Making Movements throughout The Americas (Canada, Mexico, Central and South America and the United States).
- Exercise Leadership through Cityteam as a Disciple Making Movement Ambassador to agencies, denominations, and churches to recruit strategic partners, missionaries and church planters.
- Assume primary responsibility for overseeing planning and goal setting, program implementation, budgeting, decision making, personnel recruitment and motivation, training and ministry development.
- Research the state of Church Planting, and lostness throughout North America, in order to keep Cityteam and partners continuously aware of new people groups arriving which need the gospel, existing groups which are not adequately churched, and to communicate that research to all who can be motivated to evangelism, discipleship and planting new churches.
- Develop partnerships with other agencies and organizations who are church planting friendly or Disciple Making Movements oriented to fulfill the church planting vision of Cityteam Ministries.
- Write curriculum, articles and books based on his/her research and experiences, and consistent with principles of CPM/DMM as originally developed by David Watson.
- Ensure that Cityteam Ministries' policies and practices of prayer, fellowship, and discipleship are consistently implemented.
- Exhibiting, through Cityteam Ministries’ public presence, the love of Christ for hurting people, a high standard of moral and financial integrity, and love for God the Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through the practical living out of the Shimah.
- Work closely with Marketing and Development Departments to create the budget and raise necessary funds to implement the Strategy.
- Work closely with the VP for Global Church Planting and the VP for International Church Planting to develop and sharpen Cityteam’s church planting strategies and partnerships, and to help plan and implement CPM training domestically and internationally.
- Participate personally in fund raising and grant writing to fund the ministry!
1. Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be experienced and committed to Making DiscipleMakers and Church Planting
2. Must have a compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith and Lifestyle Policy.
3. Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
4. Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
5. Must have a calling to serving God and the body of Christ and have a burden to see disadvantaged people come to Christ and have their needs alleviated.
6. Must be a visionary who is able to "picture" the future and describe what "will be" in a compelling way that attracts people to the ministry of church planting.
7. Must be a servant-leader who is personally self-directed and leads the team by challenging them to do their best with God's help, holding them accountable for performance objectives. Should have the ability to inspire cooperation, and influence behavior.
8. Must be a team player who does not seek to dominate but works in concert, and who has the ability to see the issue from various points of view and has a teachable spirit.
9. Must have relational skills and the ability to warmly relate to people of various cultures in all levels of their pilgrimage with the Lord, in all national, social and economic backgrounds and denominational settings.
10. Must be skilled in planning and able to initiate and implement strategic and long-range planning which reflects a strong emphasis on reality while balancing faith. Able to translate vision into strategy and establish steps to implement the program.
11. Must be a decision maker who has the ability to analyze situation in depth and be able to generate practical, sensible and realistic solutions to problems.
12. Must have intellectual strength and be able to juggle several projects simultaneously, to cope successfully with diversity and complexity, to integrate seemingly unrelated data, and to reduce complex notions into relatively simple terms. Can cope successfully with change and welcome fresh approaches to situations.
13. Must have verbal skills which are highly polished and must be able to communicate effectively and think quickly on one's feet. Clarity of expression, good organization of thoughts and their effective articulation required.
14. Must have written skills which are well developed and demonstrated by excellent communications in internal and external settings.
15. Must have financial management abilities and be able to adhere to established budgeting procedures and constraints in a timely manner, practicing prudent management of financial and human resources.
16. Must exhibit integrity in professional and personal life in accordance with Cityteam's Lifestyle Policy and be straightforward and not self-serving.
17. Must make a favorable first impression in terms of appropriate attire, appearance, bearing, and manner.
18. Must be able to self evaluate, being aware of both strengths and shortcomings and demonstrate a willingness to be directed by the Holy Spirit to overcome potential psychological needs, hang-ups, prejudices, and biases.
19. Must be submissive to the authority God has placed over him and be willing to support team decisions.
20. Must have healthy, affirming relationships with family, spouse (if appropriate), neighbors, and friends and keep personal finances in order.
21. Must have a balanced lifestyle that is in keeping with the purpose, ministry and values of Cityteam.
22. Prefer a degree from a Bible School or Seminary with management experience; equivalents in both categories will be considered.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
- Modesto, California
- September 22
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Family Teaching Couple (House Parents)The Children's Home
- Amarillo, Texas
- September 14
Women's Program AdministratorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsborough, New Hampshire
- September 14
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...