Sierra Salem Christian Homes is a non-profit agency providing residential care and training to adults having a developmental disability such as an intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism or other conditions requiring similar
Sierra Salem is seeking a qualified candidate whose primary responsibility is to manage the programs, activities, and operations of the ICF home. This includes providing for the health, welfare, and safety of the residents in the home, training
and supervision of the residents in the areas of personal, interpersonal, household and community living skills, providing a safe working environment for staff, and representing Sierra Salem in a positive and professional manner.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, and with the Q.I.D.P.:
- Provide training and supervision for residents in personal health care, advising and assisting as needed for routine appointments and during illnesses.
- Participate in program planning with the residents, their family members, QIDP, Director and others, such as Regional Center workers and day program representatives. Participate in admission procedure as needed.
- Involve residents in appropriate decision making and guide each one toward independence in initiating daily life activities that will foster his/her mental emotional, and physical health.
- Promote the spiritual health of residents by offering daily devotions, prayers, Biblical guidance and church attendance.
- Supervise, train and maintain schedules for relief manager and direct care staff.
- Assist residents in maintaining a normalized and pleasant living environment.
- Advocate for residents as needed in the areas of consumer, personal and community rights and conduct regular resident/house meetings.
- Consult with Executive Director, QIDP, RN, community program personnel, residents' family members, social services workers or other support persons as necessary regarding any unusual client, program or operational problems or needs.
- Consult with community specialists and professionals (i.e. Physicians, Dietitian, Psychologist, Therapists) and advise staff on follow through.
- Maintain financial, medical and training records as necessary, and prepare reports as required.
- Develop friendly relationships with neighbors and refer any concerns or complaints to the Director.
- Report incidents to Regional Center, Department of Health Services Licensing, family and Director as required.
- Maintain cleanliness of the home and report necessary repairs to maintenance (via work order) promptly.
- Maintain cleanliness and basic maintenance of the vehicles and report necessary repairs to the maintenance department.
- Coordinate transportation for residents with staff.
- Complete performance evaluations for relief manager and direct care staff.
- Purchasing of grocery items, and other supplies as needed; menu planning and food preparation.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with Director.
- Work in an independent manner and exercise good time management skills.
- Complete other related tasks and special projects as requested by the Director.
Education: A minimum of two years of higher education in or related to the fields of Special Education, Behavioral Sciences, Human Services or Health Services. Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work / Services or related
to the fields of Special Education, Behavioral Sciences, Human Services or Health Services. Must have a current CPR & first aid card, and valid driver's license. Must meet all title 17 and 22 requirements for age and finger print clearance.
Experience: Prefer a minimum of two years of experience working with adults who have developmental disabilities. Must have a working knowledge of community resources, service agencies, individual program plan implementation and normalization
Personal : Must be willing to support Sierra Salem's Mission, Vision Core Values and Philosophy of Service indicated in Sierra Salem Christian Homes' Employee Handbook. Must be able to independently follow through with duties in a responsible
and professional manner. Must demonstrate excellent skills in staff supervision and direction.
Physical / Mental : Close vision, hearing/listening; clear simple speech; smelling; walking; sitting; running; reaching; touching (hand finger dexterity); carrying (40 lbs.); pushing; kneeling; stooping; bending; squatting; flexibility (upper/lower
body); common understanding and use of the English language; perception/comprehensive judgment; decision making; analyzing; memorization; ability to react in stressful situations.
SUPERVISION GIVEN: Relief Manager and Direct Care Staff.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED : Executive Director