Crew Leader Hardscape Division:
The hardscape team leader is an experienced employee in construction, and works with
minimal supervision. This position directs the activities of a team of two or more in the construction of pavers, concrete, stone, retaining walls, garden ponds, outdoor fire places,
driveways, walkways, patios, steps, columns, ETC….
1. Installs paver patios; stone, wood, or segmental block retaining walls.
2. Install garden ponds.
3. Installs low-voltage landscape lighting.
4. Reads landscape design prints and implements the landscape construction plan.
5. Understands elevations and uses this knowledge to execute the construction plan.
6. Operates, proficiently, a variety of mechanical equipment, including bobcats, back hoes, plate compactors, stone grinders, drills, gas and electric chop saws, demolition hammers, and jack hammers.
7. Operates automatic and stick shift vehicles, such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
8. Routinely interacts with clients by way of introductions at the beginning of a job, answering questions, responding to client’s requests, making reasonable changes to the plan, and providing a walk-through at the job’s completion.
9. Completes the necessary paperwork including timesheets, work orders, change
orders, material requisitions, and client tickets.
10. Plans and organizes the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also ensures that job is completed in the most time-efficient manner.
11. Manages a team of two or more employees, including handling personnel issues
on site and training employees on policies and procedure
12. Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
13. Briefs supervisors and make recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
15. Maintains assigned equipment and notifies mechanic of needed repairs.
Knowledge and Experience
• This position requires a high school degree or GED, plus one year’s experience in the hardscape / construction field.
• Candidate must be able to read and write.
• The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard construction practices, basic understanding of electricity and basic piping and plumbing
• Strong oral and written communication skills, math skills, job planning skills, and mechanical aptitude are a must.
This position requires that the individual be certified and licensed as follows:
• Obtaining a Basic Level Contractor Certification (ICPI) within one year of accepting this position.
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within 6 months of accepting this position
• First aid / cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
The physical demands outlined are examples of the type of demands the employee will encounter on the job site.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job are dictated by the CDL requirements.
The job site conditions described below are examples of those conditions an employee encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment.
In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial property. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to the homeowner’s pets.
The employee will work closely with members of the team, other team leaders
department heads, and clients.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Morning Star Church - FilmmakerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 21
Institutional ResearchSUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Oakland, California
- September 15
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Child Care Worker/Mental Health ProfessionalLydia Home Association
- Chicago, Illinois
- September 14
Nature Right Landscapes
Nature Right Landscapes is a locally-owned full service landscape design, construction and landscape maintenance company located in Marietta, GA. Built on quality and customer service, our company has been transforming the outer living areas of both residential and commercial properties for more than 30 years. Whether you are dreaming of a perfect garden or the ultimate backyard, we have the skills to make that a reality. We utilize only the finest materials and installation techniques. Our professional sales and design team More...