Applicants must submit a cover letter and full resume to be considered for the position.
About the Organization:
Support Circle is a medical clinic and counseling center dedicated to providing time, space and support to women in unintended pregnancies. Our clients love our relational approach built on respect, trust and confidentiality. Support Circle is a registered
501 (c)(3) non-profit organization and all of our services are free of charge.
Our organization, benefiting from over 30 years of experience serving Bay Area women and men facing unintended pregnancies, has learned to listen deeply to our clients. We customize our professional services to each unique person and situation, and we remain
committed to refining our work so that our clients receive the best care possible. The dignity in each person we serve demands this level of excellence.
About our Approach:
Support Circle understands that people of goodwill are on both sides of the political aisle in the debates about unintended pregnancies. We also recognize that people on both sides of the issue have concerns on their mind that are paramount. For pro-life
advocates it’s the life of the unborn child. For pro-choice advocates it’s the respect and dignity of the woman. Support Circle invites people of goodwill on both sides into something greater: generosity toward the woman who is at the center of the debate…
the woman in an unintended pregnancy. We do that, however, in a way that doesn’t violate those paramount concerns. We operate with an ethic of non-violence toward both the woman and the baby. Non-violence for the fetus means that we don’t perform or refer
for abortion. Non-violence for the woman means we don’t pressure or manipulate her, and we honor her as a decision-maker. All of our services are completely free and we do not profit from any particular pregnancy outcomes chosen by our clients.
- Provide adjunct training where needed
- Provide psychotherapy, case management and community referrals to Support Circle clients
- Lead therapist for grief and loss support groups and retreats, and on other topics such as relationships, trauma, anxiety and self-esteem
- Conduct monthly audits of the client records
- Evaluate and improve business processes where needed.
- Provide information to development staff to support development activities such as grant writing
- Provide timely and accurate statistics and reports to Executive Director
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- Superior oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population (ethnic, cultural, socio-economic, and religious background)
- Ability to manage rigorous caseload and multiple projects
- Self-directed, self-starter who works well with a team and independently
To apply, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter by email only to Carole Fong, Director – Finance & Administration, at email@example.com.
For more information, visit supportcircle.org.