Black Mountain Home is seeking a house parent/caretaker couple for its satellite facility located near Brevard, NC. This full-time, 24/7 position requires special people who are looking to fully give their time and energy to making a positive, Christian
difference in the lives of abused, abandoned, and neglected children. House parents use a professional, team-oriented, trauma-informed approach to provide a safe, stable, homelike environment for students in a Christian setting. Black Mountain Home seeks people
with willingness and enthusiasm for working with up to six children ages birth-18. The ideal candidates are calm, nurturing, nonjudgmental, flexible, highly organized, and capable of utilizing a loving, Christian approach to providing boundaries and structure.
Couple also serves as caretakers for the property, handling maintenance issues and working with volunteers. Housing, vacation-time, and excellent benefits provided.
· Social work background preferred but not required.
· Ability to lead, coordinate, and supervise volunteer groups.
· Both members of the couple must have a high school diploma.
· Significant experience working with foster children is preferred.
· Able to use basic computer programs including e-mail, internet, and word-processing.
· The ability to effectively communicate through verbal and written mediums.
· The ability to observe, ask questions, listen actively, and give and accept feedback effectively.
· Ability to network in the local community-churches, schools, etc. to promote the facility and the ministry.
· A high energy level, adaptability, assertiveness, patience, and ability to work as part of a team.
· Time management and follow-up skills with ability to plan, organize, and prioritize a significant number of tasks.
To apply for an opening, fax your resume and a cover letter (required) to 828-686-7797 or mail to 80 Lake Eden Road, Black Mountain, NC 28711. You can also send an e-mail to email@example.com.
No phone calls.