King’s Schools, a part of CRISTA Ministries, is looking for a Lead Vehicle Maintenance Technician/Mechanic to support its fleet of school buses. Do you desire to work in a Christian environment where your faith and vocation are integrated? What about working
in a place where you know you are helping make key activities happen and thereby contributing to the mission of King’s Schools in equipping hearts and transforming lives for Christ Jesus? Read on to determine if this opportunity is for you or someone you know.
Job Requirements :
- Basic shop and repair safety knowledge including the use of standard PPE.
- This is a safety sensitive position which requires the successful applicant to pass a DOT pre-employment physical and pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and will also be required to participate in a random drug and alcohol testing program.
- Candidate must provide own tools necessary to work on equipment. An inventory list will be required upon hiring.
- Minimum 2 years experience as an automotive technician.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Experience :
- Welding experience and basic fabrication experience, helpful
Basic list of the job duties:
- Front end work
- Brake work
- Diagnosis of electrical problems
- Diagnosis of air conditioning problems
- Ensure all work performed safely and is up to CFR and SPI vehicle maintenance standards
Necessary skills include:
- Can do attitude and skills to follow through with responsibilities
- Air conditioning diagnosis skills/knowledge
- Electrical diagnosis skills/knowledge
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to prioritize and complete jobs
- Class B Commercial Driver License with Passenger and/or School Bus endorsements and Air Brake Endorsements
- Able to work outside
- Ability to manage yourself with little supervision
- Competitive pay will be negotiated prior to hiring depending on experience.
- Competitive benefits offered.
- During school year, 6 to 3, with one hour lunch.
- Summer, when not in school, 7 to 3:30.
- On days of inclement weather, assist with checking road conditions early in the morning and meet in the supervisor’s office at 4:30 AM.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- Class B Commercial Driver License with Passenger and/or School Bus endorsements and Air Brake Endor
- High school or equivalent
TO APPLY please go to the following URL: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRISTA&cws=1&rid=1606