CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
The Assistant Controller works alongside the Controller to empower CRISTA and its various ministries to meet their missions by supplying excellent accounting and finance oversight along with renowned customer service. Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing and collaborating with assigned staff within the Accounting department of CRISTA Ministries. This person will exceed at providing accurate and timely monthly financial statements, leading the monthly close process, ensuring tax returns are filed in a timely manner and coordinating with outside auditors.
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide supervision and leadership to assigned areas of the Accounting Department; specifically, payroll, accounts payable, gift processing, cash receipts, corporate mail/copy center, and the team supporting the CRISTA Resource Departments. Promote cross-training, documentation of processes, excellent customer service and continuous improvement of Department processes.
- Lead the close process for all of CRISTA. Ensure monthly financials are timely, accurate and in accordance with GAAP.
- Provide monthly financial statements, which will include a review and approval of journal entries for all CRISTA Resources as well as balance sheet areas for CRISTA overall including but not limited to fixed assets, bank and investment accounts, annuities, trusts, endowments, etc.
- Prepare schedules for the annual audit as directed and share with Controller primary contact role for external auditors.
- Obtain a working knowledge of software programs used by the team supervised and perform “super-user” or admin functions within such programs as assigned. Help ensure software is used effectively and processes include use of good internal controls. Participate in selection of new software or software implementation projects as needed or assigned.
- Review and oversee preparation of annual Corporate Federal Tax returns (Forms 990 and 990-T) and ensure they are filed on time.
- Maintain all records regarding CRISTA investments and trusts, including the preparation of monthly journal entries and reconciliations.
- Perform operational assessments of ministries and departments as directed and look for system improvements and/or weaknesses and provide written recommendations regarding findings. Oversee staff working on these projects. Propose management and reporting systems improvements and modifications to the Controller.
- Assist Controller with accounting research, policies, compliance and financial analysis as directed.
- Provide oversight and work assignment for annual property tax affidavits, property tax payments and various government filings.
- Provide back-up to the Controller as necessary. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Christian Commitment: Godly leader and servant leadership style that is relational and reflective of John 10; personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and spiritual maturity.
2. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
Minimum 5-8 years of accounting experience with a minimum of three years public accounting, including audits and a minimum of three years in a not-for-profit environment.
Experience leading teams of at least 3-4 people.
4. Licensure/Certification: CPA
5. Software and Equipment Used: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
6. Other Considerations:
- Technical knowledge of fixed assets and various investment accounting.
- Technical knowledge of FASB policies and federal taxes.
- Knowledge of operational systems and management.
- Work independently, efficiently and professionally with a wide variety of personality types.
- Maintain excellent customer service.
Are you intrigued? Let us introduce you to CRISTA Ministries, and the Accounting/Finance Team. The Accounting/Finance team is a group of highly professional individuals with exceptional accounting skills that aim to provide world class support and financial leadership to an organization that loves God by serving people. Supporting the seven distinct CRISTA Ministries provides a technically challenging, fast-paced environment where there are opportunities to grow professionally and spiritually while putting your skills to work for a mission you believe in.
PLEASE APPLY at the following URL: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRISTA&cws=1&rid=1610
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Accounting ManagerFirst Baptist Church Atlanta
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 3
- Winchester, Virginia
- August 9
A Christian organization composed of 9 ministries (Radio Broadcast, Senior Community, Women's Ministries, King's Schools, Miracle Ranch and Island Lake Camps, World Concern, Intercristo, and Seattle Urban Academy) operating on 6 locations in Washington state and field locations around the world. Please visit www.crista.org/hr for applications and process.More...