Director Food Service Ministry
Position Location: Idyllwild, CA
Department: Food Service Ministry
Start Date: March 1, 2016-Forward Length of Opportunity: Full Time
We are honored by your interest in serving with our ministry. Idyllwild Pines Staff Members are motivated by a passion “to create quality-affordable camp experiences that provide space for God to move our campers, staff and partners to live lives that inspire
the next generation of believers to trust, treasure and take-after Jesus.”
We are looking for key leader to join us as we seek to make a significant impact in the next generation of Christian leaders. We are looking for that unique person who has a passion for the Great Commission, knows how to lead people, loves food and
fun, and has a heart/vision for how God can impact lives through the creation of great dining and leadership experiences at camp.
If you are passionate about helping people grow in their relationship with Jesus and as leaders, like what you see in this document, desire to serve the Lord in a Southern California camp ministry that is impacting lives for eternity, every week, we welcome
you to begin the process by contacting Kevin Relyea or Rochelle Lloyd at the camp today.
The Food Service Ministry Director is responsible for the overall execution of our Food Service Ministry and its’ Mission. She/he must model servant leadership and encourage a Christ centered, hospitable setting. They will work directly with the Executive
Director and other full-time Team Leaders and staff in the planning, coordinating and implementation all of group needs and requests.
To build and lead a team that creates dining experiences that testify to God’s glory.
This will be evidenced in the food, the spirit of service, the ambiance of the facility and programming provided during all meal sessions.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience that will be valued and helpful: (NOT necessarily required)
- A pastoral heart for people.
- Management/Leadership experience
- Love of good food.
- Culinary/Cooking training
- Business Management
- Ministry experience
- Christian Camping experience.
- Camp programming capability.
- Dramatic/Entertainment Arts.
- The ability to exercise basic critical thinking skills, and take appropriate initiative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of safety procedures appropriate to duties.
- Ability to work with team members in a manner that builds mutual trust, respect, accountability and cooperation.
- Ability to communicate the mission and vision of Idyllwild Pines Camp to both internal and external constituents.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English (A second language will be considered an advantage but not necessary).
- Professional and accurate communication with others.
- Ability to speak clearly and make themself understood in face-to-face interactions.
- Good listening skills.
- Good interpersonal skills that consistently demonstrate professionalism in the workplace.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage a variety of tasks and multi-task.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Leadership skills necessary to appropriately help people achieve a desired outcome.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service.
- Proficiency with managing a departmental budget and demonstrated knowledge of commercial food ordering (ordering large quantities).
- Basic working knowledge of and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
Some of the leadership duties include: recruiting, hiring, training, leading and scheduling of all Food Service Staff and Volunteers. The FSMD will be someone who helps his/her team and others on the staff to grow in their relationship with Jesus. The FSMD
will be responsible for ensuring that the team has the systems and policies in place necessary for the team mission to be executed well. The FSMD Ensures the camp has great tasting recipes, cost effective menus and great service. The FSMD will also supervise
the ordering of food and supplies, the keeping of historical records for each group, the maintenance of all kitchen and dining hall equipment and facilities and the programming of the dining experience beyond food.
The ideal candidates will have an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ that permeates all aspects of their life, a strong desire to serve others, a willing attitude to do what it takes, and be a team player. A basic understanding of the ministry of Christian
camping and the food service industry is helpful.
Works primarily indoors in an office, kitchen, or dining hall environment. There is an increased exposure to physical risk while working in the kitchen and with cooking equipment. Much physical effort will be required on a routine basis, including: the ability
to use up to 50 pounds of force, the ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; the ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination. The work requires, on occasion,
significant physical agility, bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or a ladder.
Compensation: Commensurate with the responsibility of this role, in a ministry organization.