Job Title: Mathematics Teacher - HS
Job Status: Full-time – Salary
Exempt Status: Exempt
Reports to: Department Lead
It is the primary responsibility of the teacher to provide classroom instruction to the students of The King’s Academy, as well as being a positive role model to them. Teachers should view their role as ministry, helping each student towards
reaching their full potential in Christ.
The Mathematics Teacher position is a full-time position that typically requires teaching five classes, in two subjects, plus one period of tutoring. The subjects for which we have immediate needs are Algebra 2 Honors and Algebra 1, though that may change.
Ideally, this teacher will also co-sponsor our Math Club, with the help of parent volunteers, and coordinate mathematics competitions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare detailed lesson plans, using the school’s ESLRs in planning and preparing them.
- Instruct the students in the classroom, using a variety of teaching methods to reach every student with the material.
- Actively work with the rest of the Math Department to improve instruction in assigned subjects, and coordination across subjects.
- Grade all assignments, tests, quizzes, and projects in a timely manner, using the grading scale provided by the school.
- Keep an accurate record of all grades for each student, submitting them to the Registrar in a timely manner.
- Keep an accurate record of all attendance and tardies for each student.
- Communicate with parents on an “as needed” basis regarding their student’s academic or behavioral status in the class.
- Check voice messages and emails daily, at a minimum.
- Return phone calls and emails within 24 hours.
- Keep an accurate record of all communications with parents.
- Record the day’s or week’s homework on Veracross for access by students and parents.
- Coordinate field trips and special events, as needed.
- Maintain discipline in the classroom to insure maximum learning.
- Attend Grade Level and Department meetings, as scheduled.
- Provide an uncluttered, healthy, and neat area that promotes a good learning and working environment.
- Lead a daily student home group.
- Attend the Staff Retreat every year, as scheduled by the Administration.
- Keep an emergency lesson plan and current substitute folder in case of an unexpected absence.
- Advise the Department Lead as soon as plans to be away from the classroom are being considered.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- Commitment to serving Christ.
- Experience in youth ministry.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, science, or engineering.
- Training or experience in education is preferred.
- The King’s Academy offers excellent benefits to employees and family. Please check our web-site for more information at www.tkabenefits.com .