The primary duties are to provide Christ centered leadership for the organization and create a climate of spiritual growth. A passion for evangelism, heart for serving and pastoral qualities are necessary. The Chaplin position is a ministry and community outreach position; spiritual support, advice, guidance and counseling must be available for residents, families and staff. The Chaplin must be comfortable leading an interdenominational group. The ability to create and maintain a presence in the Christian community is necessary. The Chaplin will serve as a liaison to community clergy and churches. Other duties include participating in fundraising activities, developing a volunteer network and facilitating worship and bible studies on campuses.
- Arrange and/or conduct Sunday morning worship services at all locations.
- Conduct daily devotions with residents
- Conduct weekly devotions with staff
- Organize and direct Bible study groups
- Run prayer group
- Provide a communion service to residents
- Be available and help as needed to conduct: baptisms, dedications, funerals, memorial services and absolutions
- Comfort residents, staff and resident families during bereavement
- Be available for Biblical counseling
- Recruit and organize a volunteer group for ministry activities
- Meet with the Christian leaders of the community regularly
- Attend a sampling of scheduled activities and meals to interact and engage with the residents
- Build personal relationships with the residents and encourage spiritual growth
- Be a liaison to the local communities for Atascadero Christian Home
- Encourage resident and staff engagement in spiritual offerings
- Visitation to hospitals or other care facilities when residents are ill
- Visitation at funeral homes to express condolences
- Interact with staff members and provide support and encouragement
- Attend board meetings and lead prayer
- Write articles for newsletters
- Attend local ministerial association meetings
- Recruit a network of ministers who can preach and teach in your absence
- Make one presentation every quarter about the organization to a community group
- Organize a group of resident volunteers to help in the community
- Develop a network of volunteers to come into the organization
- Know the Lord personally
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry required. Master in Divinity in progress or completed is preferred.
- Previous chaplain, ministry to geriatric persons or pastoral experience
- Organizational skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Display leadership qualities
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal tactfully with personnel, residents, families, visitors, government agencies and the public
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Associate DirectorProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Atascadero Christian Community
Atascadero Christian Community (ACC) has been focused on seniors since 1959. The founders’ original vision was to create a Christian home for delinquent boys having trouble at home or with the law, but this did not come to fruition. The founders also contemplated a retirement home for ministers and missionaries, but they soon realized there was insufficient demand for such a residents. So the founders’ focus shifted to their desire to help anyone who needed assisted or independent living in a Christian environment. More...