BOARD OPERATORThe Salem Media Group is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. We currently have part-time and full-time positions available for Board Operators
at WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must operate standard broadcast console, including “faders” or “pots.”
- Protect the company’s F-C-C license, successfully execute E-A-S tests, log transmitter readings, raise and lower power and follow regulations and policies under the direction of the Chief Operator.
- Able to read and follow program log, play programs, spots and station identification’s for multiple stations.
- Ability to perform commercial and show production.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Specific Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience in running an audio console at a commercial or non-commercial
radio station necessary.
- Experience in a similar format/formats preferred.
- Experience with digital audio and digital editing systems.
- Computer proficiency and ability to use Windows and Linux-based systems and programs.
- Experience working with broadcast automation systems.
- Able to work regular weekend and/or overnight shifts.
- Must have legal right to work in the United States.
- Ability to interact and work well with other staff.
- Must be dependable and able to work and problem-solve independently.
- Must be able to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Positions will remain open until filled. The Salem Media Group (WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. No relocation offered.