Administrative Assistant – National Programming Department
Summary of Position:
Salem Media Group seeks a motivated, self-starter Administrative Assistant to provide a wide variety of advanced administrative support to the Ministry Relations and National Programming Departments. The focus is on keeping department processes and staff
organized and supported by performing duties administrative in nature.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with diplomacy and discretion with ability to work in a team environment.
- Flexible, spontaneous to needs as required.
- Proactively organize and accomplish various projects within the department with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Typing and distributing, upon review and approval, department correspondence, reports, memos and projects from notes, drafts or dictation.
- Prepare and compose extensive PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
- The Assistant must do accurate and responsible data base entry, retrieval and reporting.
- Handles all business travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Schedules appointments, manage multiple calendars, and coordinate onsite/offsite meetings and special conferences.
- Schedules and manages details required in conjunction with regularly-scheduled conference calls.
- Answer department phones and communicate effectively and in a professional manner with external and internal callers
- Prepare and edit complex documents; assists in data gathering; sorting, maintenance and logical retrieval of records/files.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Desired Job Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in an administrative position.
- Demonstrated knowledge with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) and ability to work with databases.
- Ability to type 60 wpm.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision; must be well-organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discern priorities.
- Demonstrates ability to respond quickly to shifting work priorities and rush deadlines.
- Accomplished verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity and understanding of the National Ministry Programs carried by Salem Media Group a distinct advantage.
Desired Education or Degree:
College Degree preferred. High School Diploma required.
Salem Media Group (NASDAQ:SALM) is a leading U.S. radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties,
Salem owns Salem Radio Network®, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives™, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network™, a leading Internet provider of Christian content
and online streaming; and Salem Publishing™, a leading publisher of Christian-themed magazines. The company owns and operates approximately 100 radio stations, including stations in 23 of the top 25 markets.
If you possess these qualifications and Salem Media Group sounds like the company for you, please upload your cover letter with salary requirements and resume when applying online at www.salemmedia.com, click on Careers.
Salem Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.