We have two Staff Nurse position openings at this time. The full-time position is in our clinic in Oakland, CA and the part-time 2 days/week position is in our clinic in San Francisco, CA.
About the Organization:
Support Circle is a medical clinic and counseling center dedicated to providing time, space and support to women in unintended pregnancies. Our clients love our relational approach built on respect, trust and confidentiality. Support Circle is a registered
501 (c)(3) non-profit organization and all of our services are free of charge.
Our organization, benefiting from over 30 years of experience serving Bay Area women and men facing unintended pregnancies, has learned to listen deeply to our clients. We customize our professional services to each unique person and situation, and we remain
committed to refining our work so that our clients receive the best care possible. The dignity in each person we serve demands this level of excellence.
About our Approach:
Support Circle understands that people of goodwill are on both sides of the political aisle in the debates about unintended pregnancies. We also recognize that people on both sides of the issue have concerns on their mind that are paramount. For pro-life
advocates it’s the life of the unborn child. For pro-choice advocates it’s the respect and dignity of the woman. Support Circle invites people of goodwill on both sides into something greater: generosity toward the woman who is at the center of the debate…
the woman in an unintended pregnancy. We do that, however, in a way that doesn’t violate those paramount concerns. We operate with an ethic of non-violence toward both the woman and the baby. Non-violence for the fetus means that we don’t perform or refer
for abortion. Non-violence for the woman means we don’t pressure or manipulate her, and we honor her as a decision-maker. All of our services are completely free and we do not profit from any particular pregnancy outcomes chosen by our clients.
About the Position:
Under the general direction of the Director Women’s Health Service (DWHS) the Staff Nurse is responsible for all medical care in the clinic she is assigned to for that day. This medical care includes pregnancy testing, limited ultrasounds (if certified),
education about pregnancy related issues, and follow up to support our clients’ needs. The staff nurse will consult with the DWHS, Medical Director, and counselors to deliver care to the clients.
- Pregnancy testing
- Education to patients about pregnancy related issues
- Performing limited ultrasounds, once certified
- Timely compliance with complete charting, chart reviews, closing, and upkeep of medical charts
- Attend quarterly staff meetings and trainings as required
- Support the DWHS to insure compliance of all licensure issues
- Add to and improve professional skills by seeking out and attending relevant professional education classes
- Other tasks as assigned
- California Board of Registered Nursing (RN) certification
- Knowledge of obstetrical and gynecological care preferred, but not necessary
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse racial, ethnic, cultural, economic, social, and religious backgrounds
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft applications
To apply, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter by email only to Carole Fong, Director – Finance & Administration, at email@example.com.
For more information, visit supportcircle.org.