About the Organization:
Support Circle is a medical clinic and counseling center dedicated to providing time, space and support to women in unintended pregnancies. Our clients love our relational approach built on respect, trust and confidentiality. Support Circle is a registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization and all of our services are free of charge.
Our organization, benefiting from over 30 years of experience serving Bay Area women and men facing unintended pregnancies, has learned to listen deeply to our clients. We customize our professional services to each unique person and situation, and we remain committed to refining our work so that our clients receive the best care possible. The dignity in each person we serve demands this level of excellence.
About our Approach:
Support Circle understands that people of goodwill are on both sides of the political aisle in the debates about unintended pregnancies. We also recognize that people on both sides of the issue have concerns on their mind that are paramount. For pro-life advocates it’s the life of the unborn child. For pro-choice advocates it’s the respect and dignity of the woman. Support Circle invites people of goodwill on both sides into something greater: generosity toward the woman who is at the center of the debate… the woman in an unintended pregnancy. We do that, however, in a way that doesn’t violate those paramount concerns. We operate with an ethic of non-violence toward both the woman and the baby. Non-violence for the fetus means that we don’t perform or refer for abortion. Non-violence for the woman means we don’t pressure or manipulate her, and we honor her as a decision-maker. All of our services are completely free and we do not profit from any particular pregnancy outcomes chosen by our clients.
About the Position:
This position plays a unique and influential role in furthering a restorative social organization. The Director of Programs manages all program staff—including counseling staff and medical staff—and is responsible for the operational success of Support Circle by ensuring seamless team management, program delivery, and program evaluation. The Director of Programs manages a growing staff of nine. The Director of Programs will be the key external face of Support Circle in the community, leading community partnership and referral efforts.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop a proven program. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the Executive Director and work collaboratively with the Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Directs delivery of programs in accordance with the organization's goals and objectives
- Manage all program staff (includes counseling staff and medical staff), setting and monitoring personal goals, and evaluating performance to ensure organizational goals and objectives are accomplished
- Evaluate professional development needs of all staff, and implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training and orientation of all program staff members and volunteers
- Reinforce current operational procedures (i.e. writing case summaries & case management)
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas
- Conduct monthly audits of client records
- Provide case management and community referrals
- Conduct operational analysis as assigned
- Evaluate and improve business processes where needed
- Work with Director of Administration and Finance to develop program budgets and manage expenses
- Participate in strategic planning with the Executive Director and Board of Directors as needed
- Provide information to development staff to support development activities such as grant writing
- Provide timely and accurate statistics and reports to Executive Director
- Minimum of a BA, MA preferred
- At least eight years of experience with three of those in a team management role
- Demonstrated leadership ability. Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of performance and responsibility
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Superior oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population (ethnic, cultural, socio-economic, and religious background).
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff and vendors to develop and implement program evaluation systems
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
To apply, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter by email only to Carole Fong, Director – Finance & Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit supportcircle.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Faith Community Outreach ManagerChurch Health
- Memphis, Tennessee
- October 7
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Intervention SpecialistJubilee Leadership Academy
- Prescott, Washington
- October 2
Support Circle is a medical clinic and counseling center dedicated to providing time, space and support to women in unintended pregnancies. Our clients love our relational approach built on respect, trust and confidentiality. Support Circle is a registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization and all of our services are free of charge. Our organization, benefiting from over 30 years of experience serving Bay Area women and men facing unintended pregnancies, has learned to listen deeply to our clients. We customize our professi More...