Do not apply on this site. Use the URL at the bottom of this ad.
Want an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of thousands of vulnerable women & children around the world? World Concern is a Christian organization committed to transforming the lives of our world’s most vulnerable people. We are looking for a hard-working Major Gifts Officer who can build and grow a portfolio of local and national relationships. The Major Gifts Officer will use best practice to engage donors taking donors on vision trips internationally, connecting donors with visiting international leaders and utilizing the organization President and board.
World Concern is an established organization that partners to transform lives in central Africa, Southeast Asia, and Haiti through holistic community development. As part of the CRISTA family, World Concern is one of seven ministries focused on loving God by serving people worldwide in the areas of education, international relief and development, senior living, and media.
Are you intrigued? Let us introduce you to the Donor Relations Team at CRISTA Ministries. They are a group of people who love Jesus and the work they do. They work together to overcome challenges and learn from one another regardless of their organizational titles. Here, innovation is valued so your ideas are heard.
1. Develop a ‘moves management’ program for $5,000+ donors and high-level prospects. This will start with a discovery portfolio of 500 names with the intention of managing a regular portfolio of approximately 300 donors. Ability to travel engaging donors locally and occasionally out-of-state. These visits could be at places of business, homes, and throughout the community. Generate referrals from major donors for other major donors. Contact a targeted number of donors in a given week and month, keeping track of all communication and actual live contacts made through Raiser’s Edge.
2. Make contact with donors both in person (for $3,000+ donors and high-level prospects), via the phone and through written communication in order to walk them through a complete donor cycle - identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Work towards and meet an annual fundraising goal. Make regular phone calls to new donors. This often involves a first time conversation with a donor or a cold call to someone new.
3. Have a general understanding of ministry programs on a basic level as well as know the giving and funding opportunities to be able to communicate CRISTA’s work to our donors. Grow donor segments proactively by being alert to new marketing materials and field news that might be appropriate to donor’s individual interests and donation commitments. Develop a specific and detailed knowledge concerning designated programming and be able to share that information with others at CRISTA so that efforts with multiple ministry donors are coordinated.
4. Work closely with other team members in Donor Relations and Marketing to ensure all donor contacts are coordinated and remain donor-centered. Update donor records for any changes in address, phone, e-mail or additional information learned about the donor into Raiser’s Edge.
5. Share generally and specifically about ministry projects to small, medium and sometimes large groups. Public speaking can be formal or informal (i.e. Rotary Clubs, Fundraising Events, etc.).
6. Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and donors.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Christian Commitment:
Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Statement of Faith
Demonstrate living and maturing in a Christ-centered life-style
2. Education: N/A
3. Experience: At least 5 years of successful experience in fundraising or sales field.
5. Other Considerations:
Excellent customer service and sales skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication.
Goal and task oriented.
Ability to solve problems and work independently.
Valid driver’s license.
Ability to keep files organized.
Excellent presentation skills.
Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and donors.
6. Software and Equipment Used:
Proficiency on a computer.
Ability for prolonged use of a computer (sometimes over 6 hours a day).
To apply: Go to the following URL: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRISTA&cws=1&rid=1592
Or visit www.crista.org/employment
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
A Christian organization composed of 9 ministries (Radio Broadcast, Senior Community, Women's Ministries, King's Schools, Miracle Ranch and Island Lake Camps, World Concern, Intercristo, and Seattle Urban Academy) operating on 6 locations in Washington state and field locations around the world. Please visit www.crista.org/hr for applications and process.More...