Position/Title: Preschool Director
Hours/Status: Full Time
Reports to: Senior Pastor, Lucas Valley Community Church
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
The new director will be a believing, professing Christian and an active member of a church whose motivations for service will arise from their commitment to Jesus. The director will be a person committed to viewing their work and that of the preschool as
a ministry of the church to all children and families of Marin County and communities at large.
Some of the characteristics we are looking for in our next director are:
- An Educator intent on implementing the best possible curriculum and learning environments which reflects an understanding of quality and excellence in early childhood education.
- A Communicator adept at warmly representing the school and effectively communicating with parents, students, teachers and pastoral staff and establishing strong relationships with all of these constituencies.
- A Leader and Mentor ably embracing the responsibility of loving, challenging, guiding and motivating staff to reach their fullest potential.
- An Administrator who competently oversees the financial affairs of the school, maintains high enrollment levels, produces and monitors a budget and works with LVCC in creating a sustainable long-term strategic plan.
- An Advocate who is passionate about the spiritual, emotional, social, cognitive and physical developmental needs of each individual child.
- A Child Development Site Supervisor or Program Director permit issued by California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Minimum five years of experience in preschool leadership, teaching or similar preschool experience.
- Meets State of California Licensing requirements for Director qualifications
- Evidence of one’s own continued professional growth
- A willingness and ability to speak about one’s spiritual journey and one’s growth in following Jesus
- Bachelor’s degree and/or teaching credential preferred
The Application Process
A complete application will include the following information for the search committee:
- A cover letter expressing interest in this position and explaining why the candidate believes his/her qualifications match those sought by Marin Formative Christian Preschool.
- Current Resume
- One page statement of educational philosophy and the important role that the Christian faith plays.
- Copy of credentials and/or permits you have acquired related to this position and early childhood education.
To apply, please email completed materials to: MFapply@gmail.com
Applications will be acknowledged by email. Candidates will be notified by the search committee of their status after materials are reviewed.