Position/Title: Preschool Director
Hours/Status: Full Time
Reports to: Senior Pastor, Lucas Valley Community Church
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
The new director will be a believing, professing Christian and an active member of a church whose motivations for service will arise from their commitment to Jesus. The director will be a person committed to viewing their work and that of the preschool as a ministry of the church to all children and families of Marin County and communities at large.
Some of the characteristics we are looking for in our next director are:
- An Educator intent on implementing the best possible curriculum and learning environments which reflects an understanding of quality and excellence in early childhood education.
- A Communicator adept at warmly representing the school and effectively communicating with parents, students, teachers and pastoral staff and establishing strong relationships with all of these constituencies.
- A Leader and Mentor ably embracing the responsibility of loving, challenging, guiding and motivating staff to reach their fullest potential.
- An Administrator who competently oversees the financial affairs of the school, maintains high enrollment levels, produces and monitors a budget and works with LVCC in creating a sustainable long-term strategic plan.
- An Advocate who is passionate about the spiritual, emotional, social, cognitive and physical developmental needs of each individual child.
- A Child Development Site Supervisor or Program Director permit issued by California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Minimum five years of experience in preschool leadership, teaching or similar preschool experience.
- Meets State of California Licensing requirements for Director qualifications
- Evidence of one’s own continued professional growth
- A willingness and ability to speak about one’s spiritual journey and one’s growth in following Jesus
- Bachelor’s degree and/or teaching credential preferred
The Application Process
A complete application will include the following information for the search committee:
- A cover letter expressing interest in this position and explaining why the candidate believes his/her qualifications match those sought by Marin Formative Christian Preschool.
- Current Resume
- One page statement of educational philosophy and the important role that the Christian faith plays.
- Copy of credentials and/or permits you have acquired related to this position and early childhood education.
To apply, please email completed materials to: MFapply@gmail.com
Applications will be acknowledged by email. Candidates will be notified by the search committee of their status after materials are reviewed.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
CounselorSeoul Foreign School
- Seoul, Not Assigned
- September 26
Early Education TeacherCommunity 54:13 dba Children's Promise Centers
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 21
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
PrincipalRiver City Believers Academy
- San Antonio, Texas
- September 11
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Lucas Valley Community Church Marin Formative Preschool
Lucas Valley Community Church recognizes Jesus as the Author and Lord of life and we exist to share the Good News of His love in what we say and what we do. We’re a community Christian church which means we welcome everyone, regardless of faith or denominational background. Marin Formative Christian Preschool is a ministry of Lucas Valley Church. Our quality program provides excellence in early education while nurturing the tender hearts of 2 to 5 year olds with God’s love. More...