Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural
disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for aCareer with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Regional
Manager in our Donor Ministries Department.
Position develops and manages a portfolio of mid-major donors in the (various) super regions of the United States, with a focus on building long-term relationships that invite people into meaningful partnerships that facilitate the ongoing funding of Samaritan’s
Purse in accordance with donors’ God-given objectives. Responsible for developing and implementing unique engagement activities designed to qualify, retain, and grow donor relationships. Travels locally, regionally and internationally as needed.
Description of Job duties:
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and strong witness to Christ with colleagues and all constituent groups; maintain a Christ-like attitude and humble spirit in dealing with others; seek to uphold Samaritan’s Purse distinct objectives, and
faithfully uphold the ministry in prayer.
- Acquire and maintain vast organizational and program knowledge in order to comprehensively represent the full scope of Samaritan’s Purse programming worldwide.
- Build and maintain a portfolio of 800-1,000 donors who typically give within the range of $5,000- $10,000 annually on average by:
- Qualify mid-major donors through research and database analysis to establish portfolio of priority relationships.
- Call to personally thank donors for all significantly giving. Serve as personal point of contact for all requests, questions, and account maintenance inquiries.
- Provide all donors a personalized report at least annually showing the impact of their giving and value of their partnership.
- Create and implement a personalized engagement plan to intentionally advance each donor’s relationship with Samaritan’s Purse. Utilize phone calls, printed information, media and email according to donor’s preferred mode and frequency:
- Advocate on behalf of beneficiaries, educating donors on critical physical and spiritual needs and locations around the world.
- Inspire current and prospective donors with ongoing updates of what God is doing through Samaritan’s Purse.
- Present meaningful giving opportunities that align with donor’s ministry passions and giving capacity.
- Minister to donors by connecting on a spiritual level; encourage donors in their walk with the Lord, praying with and for them, incorporating principles of Biblical stewardship and generosity as appropriate, etc.
- Provide oversight and management of mid-major donor segment within the region by:
- Provide ongoing monitoring and analysis of mid-major donor activity within the region to ensure the assignment of donors to the most appropriate portfolio.
- Work closely with Regional Directors, Planned Giving staff and other members of Donor Ministries to jointly care for or seamlessly transfer donor relationships as necessary.
- Actively manage database information for all donors, documenting all donor contacts and reporting on activities and results.
- Travel occasionally to assist with regional donor events, international vision trips and strategic one-on-one meetings with donors.
- Must have a proven ability to establish, develop and strategically advance key relationships with donors.
- Travel requirement ranges from 15-20 nights away annually, including both domestic and international plus other travel as deemed necessary by the National Director.
- Must be a proven self-starter with successful track record of developing relationships with high-capacity individuals.
- Requires experience in raising $1 million or more annually through major and mid-level donor engagement; bachelors’ degree with four years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; and computer and database proficiency.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide