Job Title: Development Officer
Reports to: City Director, Oakland
Date Submitted Revision: 4.6.16
Job Description Approved: 4.6.16
Classification : Professional
The Development Officer shall be responsible for introducing new donors to Cityteam and to secure major donor gifts to support operations for all ministries. As a key representative for Oakland Cityteam, the Oakland Development Officer will foster relationships
with churches, community groups, and individuals. The Development Officer will work cooperatively with the City Director and Program Staff. This is a 32-hour part-time position.
- Secure major gifts from donors in cash and pledges through a program of personal direct solicitation and developing and maintaining relationships with a sufficient number of major donors to meet yearly fundraising goals.
- Participate in major donor events as needed.
- Work with City Director and program staff to develop the most effective donor development strategies for each major donor.
- Mentor/Coach program staff to develop donor strategies that maximize their donors’ giving potential.
- Work with the Planned Giving staff to identify giving prospects and ensure appropriate information and materials are made available to donors.
- Submit reports of development activities as required.
- Regularly represent Cityteam as a speaker in churches, service clubs, etc. as requested by the City Director.
- Be involved in a personal, hands-on ministry within Cityteam.
- Participate in staff performance evaluations process in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and active in a local Christian body of believers.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam’s Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the Body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Minimum two-years experience in major donor development required.
- Must be goal oriented and able to successfully achieve established goals.
- Needs to be people oriented, a good listener, and sensitive to donors’ needs.
- Must be committed to personal stewardship and be able to challenge others with their stewardship responsibilities.
- BA or equivalent required, preferably with training in the sales field.
- Must be willing to pursue education and training in fields relating to the position.