Job Title: Development Officer
Area/Location: Oakland, California
Reports to: City Director, Oakland
Date Submitted Revision: 4.6.16
Job Description Approved: 4.6.16
Classification : Professional
The Development Officer shall be responsible for introducing new donors to Cityteam and to secure major donor gifts to support operations for all ministries. As a key representative for Oakland Cityteam, the Oakland Development Officer will foster relationships with churches, community groups, and individuals. The Development Officer will work cooperatively with the City Director and Program Staff. This is a 32-hour part-time position.
- Secure major gifts from donors in cash and pledges through a program of personal direct solicitation and developing and maintaining relationships with a sufficient number of major donors to meet yearly fundraising goals.
- Participate in major donor events as needed.
- Work with City Director and program staff to develop the most effective donor development strategies for each major donor.
- Mentor/Coach program staff to develop donor strategies that maximize their donors’ giving potential.
- Work with the Planned Giving staff to identify giving prospects and ensure appropriate information and materials are made available to donors.
- Submit reports of development activities as required.
- Regularly represent Cityteam as a speaker in churches, service clubs, etc. as requested by the City Director.
- Be involved in a personal, hands-on ministry within Cityteam.
- Participate in staff performance evaluations process in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and active in a local Christian body of believers.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam’s Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the Body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Minimum two-years experience in major donor development required.
- Must be goal oriented and able to successfully achieve established goals.
- Needs to be people oriented, a good listener, and sensitive to donors’ needs.
- Must be committed to personal stewardship and be able to challenge others with their stewardship responsibilities.
- BA or equivalent required, preferably with training in the sales field.
- Must be willing to pursue education and training in fields relating to the position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Manager of Digital GivingAmerican Bible Society
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...