Purpose of Ministry:
Do you want to be a part of growing a dynamic team that leads worship in our informal worship service through contemporary Christian music and prayer? Do you have a passion for Jesus and a desire to engage in worship that leads people into a place of authentic
worship each week? Do you want to be a part of a team that develops and grows an identity for this offering? If so, then we may be looking for you to join our ministry team. This job has opportunity for creativity and growth.
Accountable to: Lead Pastor/Head of Staff
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- To help build an energetic worship service in collaboration with the 11AM Ministry Team, with direction of Elder and Lead Pastor
- Recruit, incorporate, develop and lead various vocalists and instrumentalists to be part of this worship experience
- Lead 11AM worship teams in rehearsals and service
- Meet regularly with Lead Pastor/Head of Staff, Worship Elder, and 11AM Ministry Team to review, improve, and enhance worship design
- Integrate a knowledge and appreciation of worship within the Reformed Tradition, as well as a wide range of music and worship styles, in developing the identity of the informal service
- Insure necessary information for Sunday is correct and timely
- Collaborate in preparation of Sunday slides for music and Scripture
- Aid in developing communications to congregation and community about this worship experience
- Participate in the worshiping community at SPBTS. Position includes Sunday mornings, weeknight rehearsal, and occasional additional (sometimes blended) services
- Other duties as assigned.
- You will be required to manage 10+ volunteers on a weekly basis and be responsible for scheduling, training, rehearsals and communication.
- Required: Love for Jesus and a desire to help teach and lead people into worship, through both contemporary Christian music and prayer
- Required: Be proficient on guitar and/or piano and be able to sing (lead songs in corporate worship) while playing
- Required: Have basic/moderate music theory knowledge
- Required: Have a high aptitude to learn new programs such as Planning Center Online and Pro-Presenter
- Required: Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with people from all different ages and stages
- Preferred: To have a basic understanding of sound engineering and signal path.
- Preferred: To be efficient on Word/Excel and have an understanding of Sibelius and the ability to write and arrange music for a variety of instruments.
- Preferred: A knowledge and appreciation of worship within the Reformed Tradition as well as a wide range of music and worship styles
- Required: HS diploma
- Preferred: College or other advanced musical training
- Background check and references required
12-15 hours per week – part time