DONATION PROCESING ASSISTANT MANAGER
Job Title: Donation Processing Asst. Manager
Area/Location: San Jose, California
Reports To: Donation Processing Manager
Subordinates: Donation Processing Holiday Staff, Volunteers
Date Submitted for Revision: 03.17.16
Job Description Approved: 03.30.16
This position takes responsibility for internal and external customer support for the Donation Processing Department. The Assistant Manager is a team player that will be assigned responsibility for specific donor service projects that will assist in cultivating
donor relationships with development and marketing objectives in an accurate and timely manner. In addition, the work content of this job will be a mix of performing highly complex gift entry functions, providing technical and business support at events, and
customer service for internal and external staff, volunteers, and donors. This position will serve as the Assistant Manager to be trained to manage and run the daily operations of the department and provide customer serve to our faithful donor base. This is
a full-time, exempt position.
- Document, maintain, and provide customer service to all incoming donor requests and questions.
- Maintain a high level of customer service via the telephone and email.
- Manage holiday staff and major projects.
- Support Development and Marketing with background information on donors as it relates to gift processing and fundraising.
- Handle all processing and tracking of high-level monetary gifts including all third-party giving platforms; make sure gifts from foundations, churches, corporation matching programs and major donors are identified and allocated correctly.
- Ensure donation information is accurately entered into donor database and shared with Development and Finance staff as appropriate.
- Work with Marketing and Database Administer to conduct mass updates to donor database (i.e. email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, etc.)
- Assist with month end gift reconciliation and reports.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to support/provide required information for completing monthly close activities on time.
- Work with the Donation Processing Manager to create/maintain documentation to ensure all procedures stay current and in accordance with IRS and audit standards.
- Collaborate as a team member in launching our new CRM software which requires training, testing and implementation of new procedures in Salesforce/NGO Connect.
- Travel 1-2 times per year if needed to support events. As well, work occasional Saturdays or evenings for local events (approx. 5 Saturdays per year)
- Proactively safeguard and promote the ministry.
- Participate in hands-on ministry within Cityteam.
- Participate in on-going Disciple Making Movement training and implementation.
Partners-In-Ministry Donor Cultivation/Support
- Participate in our Partners-In-Ministry program by being an advocate for Cityteam to help raise funds for our programs through donor cultivation.
- Participate in the staff performance evaluation process in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local Christian body of believers.
- Must have a personal commitment to fostering and encouraging disciple making.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must be able to make decisions, plan, implement, delegate, and effectively communicate policy, ideas, and recommendations.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Must have proven interpersonal skills and the ability to handle conflict resolution.
- Must be able to provide a high level of positive customer service via telephone and email.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills when communicating with donors.
- Must have strong multi-tasking abilities and the ability to stay focused amid interruptions.
- Must be quick on your feet and able to adapt to a variety of situations and changing scenarios.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to solve problems effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree or commensurate experience required.
- Proficiency with Word Mail Merges, advanced Excel functions, and CRM software required.
- Experience in Finance or Accounting desirable.
- Experience with Salesforce or NGO Connect or other CRM database applications desired.