Samaritan's Purse is looking for an Aircraft Mechanic to serve full time with its East Africa aviation team. We currently operate the following aircraft types from our base in Eldoret, Kenya: DC-3T, King Air 200, and Cessna Grand Caravan.
We want a person who has felt God's leading to use their gifts, skills, and abilities in aviation to reach hurting people in remote parts of the world with the love and gospel of Jesus Christ. Days often begin early and end late, whether it be launching
an aircraft, assisting with cargo loading, or fulfilling our primary task of maintaining aircraft - pursuing technical excellence to the Glory of God. What we do is extraordinary. If you understand and desire to walk out Colossians 3:23-24 - we want to hear
Description of Job duties:
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft so that they are available for dispatch as scheduled. This may mean extended work hours, weekends, or working nights to return the aircraft to service.
- Maintenance personnel are often required to be overnight at out locations in support of our operations – up to 30% of the time depending on our activity.
- Perform engineering duties in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Ensure continued airworthiness of the aircraft.
- Ensure the aircraft are clean and neat.
- Ensure the aircraft records are current and complete.
- Maintain the equipment and facilities for the aircraft.
- Personnel should anticipate many of the locations being austere with few amenities. Showers, a hot meal, and even a bed may not be available. Sleeping in the aircraft may at times be required.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
- Maintain FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- 2 years of commercial/for profit aviation experience.
- Technical records and/or inventory management experience.
- 2 years of living and/or working overseas, preferred.
- Management/leadership experience, preferred.
- Inspector Authorization, preferred.
This position is able to accommodate a family.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
To apply, please visit our website at https://sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/samaritanspursecareers/job/KEN-Kenya-Eldoret/Aircraft-Mechanic--East-Africa_7155-1 and click “Apply.”
For questions, please contact Rebecca Jane Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-278-1267.