Samaritan's Purse (SP) is looking for a Pilot to serve full time with its East Africa aviation team. We currently operate the following aircraft types from our base in Eldoret, Kenya: DC-3T, King Air 200, and Cessna Grand Caravan. The most important quality
we are looking for is a heart to serve the Lord. We want a person who has felt God's leading to use their gifts, skills, and abilities in aviation to reach hurting people in remote parts of the world with the love and gospel of Jesus Christ. Days often begin
early and end late, uniforms get dirty loading aircraft, the landing zones and accommodations are rough, and the environment austere. What we do is expeditionary aviation. Why we do it, more than anything else, will determine whether or not you should apply.
Description of Job duties:
- Maintains a current aviation medical certificate and valid pilot's license.
- Performs pilot duties as needed or assigned.
- Files flight plans as needed or assigned.
- Obtains weather data and interprets data based on flight plan.
- Completes aircraft weight and balances for flights.
- Loads and unloads passenger's luggage in aircraft.
- Keeps assigned aircraft charts and software updated.
- Keeps the aircraft clean, neat, and polished when home and away from the home base including sanitizing the aircraft restroom facilities after each flight.
- Assists in the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of all SP hangars property.
- Performs pre-flights, in-flight test, and post-flights as needed to ensure safety of flight.
- Works with the FAA as assigned.
- Represents Samaritan’s Purse as a professional when dealing with donors, government officials, and others.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- 2,500 flight hours, 1,000 of which as PIC.
- 2 years of commercial/for profit aviation experience.
- A&P or significant management/leadership experience.
- 2 years of living and/or working overseas, desirable.
- ATP and/or CFI licenses, desirable.
This position is able to accommodate a family.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
To apply, please visit our website at https://sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/samaritanspursecareers/job/KEN-Kenya-Eldoret/Pilot--East-Africa_7151-1
and click “Apply.”
For questions, please contact Rebecca Jane Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-278-1267.