Want to use your accounting skills towards a greater purpose? At Samaritan’s Purse, we’re hiring Field Accountants to apply their skills and experience in our international field offices so that we can reach people with physical aid, but more importantly, with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We cannot reach this goal without an accounting/financial team member ensuring we’re using the financial resources God’s given us with integrity. Have a career with impact. Serve here.
The Field Accountant, South Sudan is responsible for implementing and coordinating all financial and budgetary aspects of programs as assigned in South Sudan under the direction and leadership of the Finance Manager; the accountant is responsible for administrative field accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping and payroll related to the specific programs and projects as assigned. This position will require living in Juba, South Sudan and will support remote offices.
Description of Job duties:
- Maintain detailed records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Perform daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Provide required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to the Country Director and Finance manager and International Headquarters (IHQ) as assigned.
- Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance Samaritan’s Purse’s (SP’s) field accounting policies and perform other duties as assigned.
- Review and approve financial transactions for SP field operations based in the region as appropriate (includes vouchers, FERs, Cash Advances, transfers, etc.).
- Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources at base.
- Ensure all cash is reconciled on a weekly basis, reporting any over/under to country office and investigate any over/under situations.
- Administer all cash advances to employees and partners, reconciling all receipts and remaining cash at month’s end.
- Maintain close and cooperative working relationships with fellow financial staff and the Country Director.
- Provide support to Base Manager and/or Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required.
- Ensure contracts are current on all rental properties, facilities, and vehicles.
- Identify areas for financial and administrative improvement and work to implement feasible improvements.
- Prepare and submit month-end reports to SP IHQ regarding country-wide operations in a timely fashion.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Experience working with grants, proposals and financial matters stemming from agreements and contracts with Aid organizations, NGOs and governments preferred.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Experience with foreign currencies and grants management preferred.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Above average communication skills-both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite-in particular, Excel.
- People management and delegation abilities.
- Works well in adverse team and a pressured environment.
- Flexible and adaptable.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied position.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
To apply, please visit our website at https://sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/samaritanspursecareers/job/SSD-South-Sudan-Juba/Accountant_7261-1 and click “Apply.”
For questions, please contact Rebecca Jane Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-278-1267.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Business AdministratorSUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Oakland, California
- September 15
V.P. of Finance / Chief Financial OfficerSUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Oakland, California
- September 15
Financial DirectorOurCalling, Inc.
- Dallas, Texas
- September 15
Administrative AssistantShepherd's Staff Mission Facilitators, Inc.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 13
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...