10ThousandWindows – Executive Director Job Description
10ThousandWindows helps survivors of violence and exploitation find sustainable safety and freedom through a systematic process of providing educational opportunities and job readiness. Our services help survivors bridge a gap between escaping exploitation and overcoming the systemic poverty that made exploitation possible. Our programs work – 87% of job eligible program graduates are sustainably employed within 2 months of initiating a job search and 88% of graduates from the first four years of operation were confirmed not re-trafficked. Our vision is to open the same windows of opportunity to 10,000 survivors in major cities around the world. Come make a difference with us.
Reporting to the board of directors, the Executive Director will oversee all aspects of the organization’s operations as well as its larger goal of expanding to serve trafficking survivors in major cities. As the leader of a lean and growing organization, the Executive Director will drive both high-level strategy and hands-on execution. The Executive Director must inspire support by conveying 10ThousandWindows’ vision, competence, and achievements. The Executive Director will be the public face of 10ThousandWindows to the media, anti-trafficking community (including partner organizations and government agencies), and the donor community. The ideal candidate will be adept at recruiting and optimizing volunteers and donors, and at hiring, managing and developing staff.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Design and execute a strategic, multi-year fundraising plan that supports the organization’s operational needs and expansion vision.
- Build relationships with high-level donors, growing and nurturing a solid donor base, and developing high-impact fundraising opportunities.
- Develop a communications plan to clarify messaging and determine market positioning. Deepen and refine all aspects of communications to strengthen the organization’s brand and continually reinforce the vision with stakeholders.
- Create new opportunities and vastly expand and diversify the fundraising base beyond existing church partners and San Francisco Bay Area donor base. This may include pursuing personal and corporate foundations, churches and nonprofit partners.
Leadership, Operations & Management:
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain passionate, committed A-players in field offices and in the U.S.
- Ensure programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and adherence to program and social work best practices. This includes developing ongoing relationships with the global social work community for continuous learning.
- Ensure consistent quality of finance and administration functions. Develop and present an annual budget for board approval. Ensure adherence to the budget.
- Determine organizational structure, hiring plan, timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals.
- Seek and build board involvement, engaging with each board committee to optimize and align board contributions.
- Provide strategic direction for on-going field operations, U.S. operations, and expansion opportunities.
- Manage compliance with US non-profit and international NGO requirements.
Planning & New Growth:
- Design and implement a three- year plan for expansion and continually hone the 10ThousandWindows model developed by current teams. Complete the strategic business planning process and budget for program expansion into new markets.
- Ensure partnerships are developed in new markets with political and community leaders at each expansion site.
- Be a local and national presence to communicate results with an emphasis on the successes as a model for global replication.
Qualifications and Experience
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to 10ThousandWindows’s core purpose. All candidates should have proven leadership, fundraising, program execution and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- 3-5 years of senior management experience.
- Previous leadership experience with a non-profit organization preferred.
- Experience managing globally remote teams preferred.
- Experience living/working in the Philippines or India is a plus.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising skills and experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures while upholding client confidentiality and protection standards.
- Track record of effectively scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality client-centered programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to encourage and coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and with curiosity that drives greater impact.
- Willing to travel as needed.
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ and the ability to provide spiritual leadership for the staff and programs.
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, confident and self-directed.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Highly relational and able to connect with people across cultures, gender, age, life situation, geographic boundaries, and more.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Trinity School of Natural Health - COOVanderbloemen Search Group
- Warsaw, Indiana
- October 12
- Modesto, California
- September 22
Cornerstone Fellowship started with a handful of people meeting in a living room in 1992 to study the Bible and live life together. Over the past 20+ years, Cornerstone has grown into a church with multiple campuses and ministries, but we're still just a group of people who want to learn how to live like Jesus. More...