Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural
disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for aProgrammer in
our Information Technology Department.
Description of Job duties:
- Work with senior programmers and business analyst to determine staff software requirements by interacting directly with users through interviews and collaborative group meetings.
- Assists programming staff with translating user requirements into database and coding specifications.
- Develops and maintains software documentation; conducts user training as needed.
- Develop, document and maintain programs, integrations and business processes.
- Performs ongoing maintenance, troubleshooting and incremental upgrades as directed by supervisor.
- Develops reports against Samaritan’s Purse application data as needed.
- Initially Responsible for HR (Workday) ERP systems.
- Provides on-call support as needed to meet the department’s internal operating procedures.
- Experience developing financial reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in information Systems or Computer Science
- At least five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with SQL, C#, Workday or other ERP system desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Platform(s)
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible