Are you an experienced videographer with with a heart for the church? Would you like to tell meaningful stories and create life-changing curriculum to help churches minister to people experiencing life crises? Do you want to join a team of enthusiastic Christians
dedicated to producing powerful resources that have blessed thousands of churches all over the world? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
The Director of Video Services will acquire and edit video footage for various assigned projects, a key role within Church Initiative’s Curriculum Development & Communications team.
- Shooting: The Director of Video Services is responsible for coordinating assigned studio and field video acquisition activities. This will entail hands-on videography and the associated lighting, audio and logistic aspects of a location or studio session.
- Editing: You will be responsible for executing assigned post-production tasks including participation in the planning process, non-linear editing (using Adobe Premiere, After Effects), coordination of graphics and animation (in conjunction with a designer),
color correction, audio sweetening, music editing and all other aspects of a finished production. On most projects you will be teamed with a producer who will give direction to the editing process. You may, on occasion, be asked to produce segments on your
- Media library archiving: You will be responsible to properly store and organize digital media in our video library. This will also involve preparing digital files of interviews for transcription.
- Replication: Part of your responsibilities includes coordination with video replicators to ensure maximum quality and monitoring of final product to ensure video meets or exceeds contract specifications.
- Planning: You will also participate in the planning process for ministry video projects to ensure that the production and postproduction activities are effectively coordinated with writers, producers and all others involved with the project.
- Additional duties: There are many other functions that occur throughout the day as a team of writers, producers, graphic designers, and production coordinators interact on various concurrent projects—some tasks are major and require supervision and decision-making,
others are of lesser importance and will at times be an intrusion into your day. All are part of the excitement of a growing ministry and require that the entire staff be adaptable, supportive and cooperative in helping to meet the needs as they arise.
Qualifications and experience:Five years experience in video-acquisition with DSLRs and large sensor cameras (single and multiple camera shooting and lighting)
- Five years experience in non-linear editing in Adobe Premiere, format conversion, encoding, compression, mastering and media management
- At least five years experience using After Effects
- Adobe Premiere Pro expert certification (preferred, not required)
- Experience in green-screen setup, lighting, acquisition, and effects compositing
- Experience using the following software is also preferred: Adobe Creative Cloud? 2015, Premiere, Photoshop, Media Encoder, After Effects, Lightroom, Audition, Prelude, Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks, Neat video noise reduction, SugarFX subtitler, iZotope
- Because this position is a central role in a ministry with national and international visibility, it is also important that applicants demonstrate spiritual maturity, including a professed relationship with Jesus Christ, a consistent and deep personal walk
with the Lord, and a demonstrated heart for ministry through their local church.
The Director of Video Services reports directly to the Video Producer/Art Director. At times, as assigned, he or she will be asked to report to and work with others on our staff.
This position also carries good health and dental benefits as well as matching retirement contributions.
Please apply for the position here: https://churchinitiative.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk061m2
IMPORTANT: You must provide links to your work or a demo reel. Please clearly indicate what aspects of the videos that you were responsible for.
You can learn more about Church Initiative at www.churchinitiative.org