In order to be considered for this position - submit application at: https://mychristiancare.org/Employment.aspx
Summary: Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for implement the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of the Christian Care Ministry’s, Information Technology (IT) infrastructure and user community including focusing on, but not limited to the IT security, IT systems administration, project management, and reporting. Implement and support cost-effective technology solutions which support the organization’s objectives. Responsible for compliance to applicable company guidelines and policies.
CCM’s mission is to connect and equip Christians to share lives, faith, talents and resources. The foundation on which CCM’s mission is found in Acts 2:42-47:
The Fellowship of the BelieversThey devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. The responsibility of the Senior Systems Administrator is to work with management to align the specific job duties of this position with the organization’s strategic plan so as to become a significant contributor in CCM fulfilling its mission. Based James 5:13-16 below, every staff member will be expected to participate and/or lead prayer with internal and external customers when appropriate. (Because this will take place during the workday, these opportunities are included in the calculation of hours worked). The Prayer of FaithIs anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily Operations: Maintain the security, integrity, functionality and availability of business applications, IT environment and other organizational IT assets
- Network Security: Ensure that industry standards and practices are being followed to ensure the integrity of the network infrastructure
- Design and maintain security risk assessments as it relates to IT
- Configure/monitor/maintain Cisco ASA 5510/5515 firewall and Cisco switches
- Take a proactive approach to intrusion detection/prevention
- Responsible for data flow through DMZ
- Monitor Cisco wireless access and data ports
- Create and document security process/protocols
- Network/Systems administration: Ensure that IT systems and configurations are documented, maintained, and in working order; maintain access to common use files; routinely identify and correct deficiencies in the network performance, including but not limited to:
- Manage Microsoft Active Directory Server 2008/2012 environment
- Monitor system performance metrics for analysis, trending and reporting
- Manage Exchange 2010/2013 email, Lync 2013 and IIS server
- Manage VMware ESXi environment
- Manage System Disaster Recovery planning and operations
- User support: Respond to user requests for application, workstation, and technology support. Document requests to conduct root-cause analysis. Install and upgrade software, install hardware, and configure systems and applications.
- Process Improvement: Drive cost savings, accuracy, and other process improvements through solution repeatability and innovation.
- Support other office technology needs: Provide support for the stable operation of other office technology equipment and/or software as needed to support the company and IT helpdesk department workload
- Vendor Relations: Maintain and manage relationships with vendors and contractors who provide outsourced IT functions. Monitor their compliance with the service level agreements documented in contracts.
- Training: Train staff to be self-sufficient with all related IT applications.
- Implement IT projects as directed by the Manager of IT
- Request authorization for IT expenditures from the Manager of IT
- Must be available by phone and email on a 24 x 7 on-call basis
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field preferred or greater than 4 years’ work experience.
- Cisco CCNA certification desired
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification
- VMware ESXi experience highly desired. Certification a plus
- Keep up to date on trends in the IT arena as they pertain to Christian Care Ministry’s business and operating environment.
- Work independently, with minimal supervision, and deliver results on schedule.
- Work with immense integrity, discretion and trustworthiness
- Interface and communicate with a broad audience including staff, leadership, vendors, contractors, etc.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Christian Care Ministry
Christian Care Ministry is a medical sharing ministry whose main program is Medi-Share. Medi-Share is...Proven. Medi-Share is a healthcare sharing program where Christians share financial resources to pay each other's medical expenses. Since 1993, over $875 million has been shared and discounted among Medi-Share members. It's a proven biblical model of healthcare--Christians helping Christians. Sensible Stewardship. Medi-Share gives Christians the assurance that their healthcare dollars are helping fellow believers who are living God-honorin More...