The purpose of Southwestern Assemblies of God University is to prepare undergraduate and graduate students spiritually, academically, professionally, and cross culturally so as to successfully fill evangelistic, missionary and church ministry roles and to
provide quality educational and professional Christian service wherever needed throughout the world.
The Comptroller reports directly to the Vice President for Business and Finance. The Comptroller may be asked to provide information directly to the President and Cabinet. As administrative staff the Comptroller will have frequent interaction with administration,
faculty, staff, students, alumni, and members of the board of regents. The Comptroller is responsible for all activity in the accounting office including: managing accounting office employees, maintaining strong internal controls, preparing all financial
statements, coordinating audits, coordinating registrations, and working with all offices in an effort to help them attain their respective financial needs.
- Supervise all positions in the accounting office
- Complete monthly financial statements and other financial analysis as needed
- Coordinate banking activities
- Oversee and assist the administration with the development and monitoring of the operational budget.
- Maintain internal controls
- Oversee the implementation of technologies and improvement to the current accounting processes
- Serve as liaison between University and auditors
- Monitor finances for all construction projects
- Oversee the completion of all required financial surveys
- Serve on committees as assigned
- Provide accounting oversight for Student Billing and Human Resources
- Serve as a resource and provide reports to the CFD and Audit sub committees of the Board of Regents.
- Ensure proper accounting practices and procedure of The Southwestern Foundation
- Supervise the accounting functions of SAGU Financial Services
- A four-year degree in accounting and a current CPA certification is required.
- At least 5 years of prior accounting experience, preferably in a higher education or non-profit entity.
- Must demonstrate advanced managerial accounting, communication (written and verbal), organization, planning, budgeting, and interpersonal skills.
- As administrative staff, the Comptroller will have to meet any other criteria set forth by the Board of Regents which includes faithfully attending church and demonstrating high Christian standards.
Contact: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Process: Applications are available in the Human Resources office or one can be downloaded and printed at www.sagu.edu/employment. All 4 pages of the application, the President’s Letter and the Background Check page must be
completed before the applicant will be considered for employment. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. Your resume may be included when submitting the application to the Human Resources Office. An online application is also available at https://sagu.wufoo.com/forms/application-for-employment/.